Meriden CT FD - misc info

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
heard via Broadcastify feed - 815 am - Monday April 6 2020 - Meriden FD - "daily radio and Zetron test" - Engine 1 - Truck 1 - Eng 2 - Eng 3 - Eng 4 - Eng 5 - most radios honk on keyup

looking at the FD website - they moved some units around in 2018 ish

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
jperuta - did I get the rollcall wrong? - was it actually - Eng 1 - Truck 1 - Truck 2 - Eng 3 - Eng 4 - Eng 5?

I was wondering about that

MarkB513

I have a question... Why do some units sound as if they are digital being converted to analog? Are they using digital portables that transmit into a mobile repeater which then converts the digital to analog for the 154.130 high band repeater?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The 2nd village Anson Phelps founded in CT.
Engine 1 is in South Meriden with volunteer Engine 6, moving from the Chamberlain Road station. Engine 2 (Truck 2) moved from Pratt Street to Chamberlain Road, Truck 1 is still at Pratt Street. The move was done partly because of the rail road work going on downtown and Engine 2 running a quint for the same purpose thus having a truck on the westside of the train tracks. this would put two career engines plus the volunteers on that side of the town, with Truck 1, Engine s 3, 4 & 5 on the eastside.

As far as I know with their radios, they are still analog transmissions, no digital. The "honks might be their identifier squawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.