Merrimack college PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmassey100

Premium Subscriber
Afternoon!
I have recently moved back to MA from NH. (so happy that i dont have to deal with the digital p25 anymore). Does anyone know the frq for the Merrimack College Police department in North Andover? I have attempted to search and have tried all the ones listed in the FCC database with no luck,

Thanks!

n1das

Afternoon!
I have recently moved back to MA from NH. (so happy that i dont have to deal with the digital p25 anymore). Does anyone know the frq for the Merrimack College Police department in North Andover? I have attempted to search and have tried all the ones listed in the FCC database with no luck,

Thanks!

I last heard them on 155.5875MHz, narrow bandwidth, it's a repeater, I forget the PL off the top of my head. I never bothered to find the input freq. This was back in 1999 when they moved from VHF business freqs ("IB") to a public safety wireless services freq ("PW"). It seemed odd for them to be on 155.5875 MHz due to Dunstable MA PD being on 155.580. It may have been a case of poor freq coordination. I haven't bothered to listen to them since so they may have changed freqs again by now.

I went to Merrimack from 1994-1999 as an evening student while working full time during the day. I had transferred credits to MC from UNH from back in the 1980's, so credit wise I came in there as a junior. In May 1999 I graduated from Merrimack College with a BSEE. :)

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
They are armed police now and when driving through on 125 I think I heard them on the 155.5875 frequency. The college campus isn't huge so they are probably on a low power repeater that probably isn't heard much beyond that area.

cmassey100

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. When I attempt to program 155.5875. It enters on my display as 155.900. Never had it do this before. Any ideas?

n1das

Thank you all for your help. When I attempt to program 155.5875. It enters on my display as 155.900. Never had it do this before. Any ideas?

I'm surprised I remembered MC's freq (155.5875) off the top of my head since I haven't listened to them since 1999.

Unless your scanner can handle the correct freq step size, it will probably take it as 155.585 or 155.590. Use whichever works best.

Good luck.

ecps92

Essex County College & Hospital Security - Scan New England Wiki

155.5875 R 186.2

Depending on your monitoring there are both PD's and FD's in MA using P25 [Middlesex and Essex Counties]

Afternoon!

Thanks!

N1BHH

More likely 155.590? Notice your display will only go out 3 decimals? Probably because your scanner is an older model that doesn't accept the step. It's close enough if you are close enough. You won't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.