Merrimack Valley Net - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
It's like any other notification network, they go to fire scenes and give updates to their dispatch. I really do not understand the point of it, maybe they have some agreement with the Media? I have them programed in my radio because it helps to know where events are, and what is going on if I missed something. I don't know that much about them, and they do not have a website that I know of.

Ghost8546

Premium Subscriber
MV Net

I've listened. I have heard some good traffic updates before. I was just wondering where they dispatched from and who runs it. Its better than smartravler. I'm on 495 a lot

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is dispatched out of Lowell, or repeated out of Lowell. They have a lot of good traffic, they get everything in the greater Lowell area. They do a good job.

N1BHH

The Merrimack Valley gang are a pretty good group who keep up on mainly fire incidents. They are the north of Boston version of Citywide Boston, with other public safety reporting. They are fire buffs, scanner buffs, professional news photographers and people from every walk of life who are interested in public safety communications, just like you and all the rest of us scanner listeners.

ecps92

Well, yes it's better than SmartRoutes [Traffic/Highway] as they are Public Safety oriented.

SmartRoutes uses their radio system as an adjunct for folks to Call-in [not a Disp type service] highway traffic info, in addition to the majority of their traffic coming in via Cellular and Nextel [which is why you don't hear much on the Freq]

I've listened. I have heard some good traffic updates before. I was just wondering where they dispatched from and who runs it. Its better than smartravler. I'm on 495 a lot

NYRHKY94

Thanks. Is there a PL they use with that frequency? I'm hearing 225.7, which sounds like a medical transport and I'm also picking up a signal on 186.2 so far.

NYRHKY94

Thanks Clyde! Ya know....I checked SNE first before posting and just didn't see the darn Fire Buff link. As a member, I should know better LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.