Merry Christmas Uniden!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I got this idea from another post, this one is much more Uniden focused. It is not a Bash at all! Just thought it would be funny to get all the "Gifts" from the BCD996XT still at ver. 1.04 ?? Thread.

Merry Christmas Upman!

:p

On the first day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, A brand new 996XT!

On the second day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, 3-4 second delay
and A brand new 996XT!

On the Third day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, better P25 decoding,
3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the fourth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, Manual P25 settings,
better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the fifth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, Phase II TDMA!!!
Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the Sixth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, support for older scanners!
Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the seventh day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me,P25 follow a patch properly!
support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the eighth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, Free Extreme Upgrade!
P25 follow a patch properly! support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the ninth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, Everything Fixed with Firmware!
Free Extreme Upgrade! P25 follow a patch properly! Support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the tenth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, on-board GPS!
Everything Fixed with Firmware! Free Extreme Upgrade! P25 follow a patch properly! support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, Bluetooth connectivity!
on-board GPS! Everything Fixed with Firmware! Free Extreme Upgrade! P25 follow a patch properly! support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Uniden gave to me, A un muzzled UpMAN!
Bluetooth connectivity! On-board GPS! Everything Fixed with Firmware! Free Extreme Upgrade! P25 follow a patch properly! Support for older scanners! Phase II TDMA!!! Manual P25 settings, better P25 decoding, 3-4 second delay, and A brand new 996XT!

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't find this to be funny at all!

Well, hopefully Santa will bring you a sense of humor for Christmas! :twisted:

I thought it was amusing. It sums up all the unrealistic expectations and demands some people feel entitled to very nicely. :D

(Yes, I realize some of the requests are valid, like better P25 decoding or settings...however many of the demands are just plain unrealistic, such as Phase II TDMA decoding)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Lighten up, Dan. If you read my entire post, you'll see that I very clearly stated the P25 decoding is a valid and legitimate concern.

mule1075

Feed Provider
All i can say is this is going to go down the path of beating the already really dead horse again.If any new updates for existing scanners or new ones that might be coming out it will be known more than likely here first.Sometimes i wish we could go back to before the internet when you got wind of a new product from reading a magazine or subscribed to a mailing list where you got news on the next exciting piece of equipment from so and so company.Sorry for my rant but if a gift is coming we will know soon enough.Merry Christmas.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All i can say is this is going to go down the path of beating the already really dead horse again.If any new updates for existing scanners or new ones that might be coming out it will be known more than likely here first.Sometimes i wish we could go back to before the internet when you got wind of a new product from reading a magazine or subscribed to a mailing list where you got news on the next exciting piece of equipment from so and so company.Sorry for my rant but if a gift is coming we will know soon enough.Merry Christmas.

I believe you missed the point of the thread. It's tongue in cheek humor, not a "wishlist". :wink:

Tryton

This was only meant to be a joke, not to start a war or even beat a dead horse. I LOVE Uniden Scanners BTW.Anyways Happy Holidays!

Highpockets

Nice to see we're all getting along!

Remember what time of the year it is. :D

This thread gives UPMan something else to read about updates for their flag ship scanner (well before the HP-1).

W6KRU

Lighten up, Dan. If you read my entire post, you'll see that I very clearly stated the P25 decoding is a valid and legitimate concern.

Apparently the garbage audio produced by my scanner is not a valid and legitimate concern for Uniden. I ran out of patience concerning this a long time ago.

scanningisfun

Well, hopefully Santa will bring you a sense of humor for Christmas! :twisted:

I thought it was amusing. It sums up all the unrealistic expectations and demands some people feel entitled to very nicely. :D

(Yes, I realize some of the requests are valid, like better P25 decoding or settings...however many of the demands are just plain unrealistic, such as Phase II TDMA decoding)

Why is TDMA decoding in scanners unrealistic? If systems using FDMA on all channels are eventually going to have TDMA channels an so on, why not get a head start? If you consider TDMA to be unrealistic then you won't be able to listen to those channels on a scanner. <---Besides the PSR800? | Alls I hope is that Uniden comes out with a scanner that I can spend more $$$ on with better LSM decoding. ;) lol

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why is TDMA decoding in scanners unrealistic? If systems using FDMA on all channels are eventually going to have TDMA channels an so on, why not get a head start? If you consider TDMA to be unrealistic then you won't be able to listen to those channels on a scanner. <---Besides the PSR800? | Alls I hope is that Uniden comes out with a scanner that I can spend more $$$ on with better LSM decoding. ;) lol

I was referring to adding TDMA decoding to existing scanners, which is not going to happen. It requires different hardware, not just a firmware update. As you pointed out, the PSR-800 already decodes X2-TDMA, so clearly it can be done. Uniden has yet to release a model that does.

scanningisfun

I was referring to adding TDMA decoding to existing scanners, which is not going to happen. It requires different hardware, not just a firmware update. As you pointed out, the PSR-800 already decodes X2-TDMA, so clearly it can be done. Uniden has yet to release a model that does.

I thought you were referring to upcoming scanners...I'm sorry.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.