Mesa Fire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain343

Hey everyone, I'm getting a grand tour of this part of AZ, first the NW area, then ASU Tempe, and now Mesa! It's been an adventure for sure!

In regards to the Mesa VHF system, On the database it lists both B1 and B2 as a dispatch frequency, but also calls B2 a fireground channel.

156.24000WQYJ606BM411 DPLMFD B1 DispFire - B1 - DispatchFMNFire Dispatch
151.16750WQYJ606BM432 DPLMFD B2 DispFire - B2 - FiregroundFMNFire Dispatch

Should I monitor both or is that just a typo?

Also how are firegrounds allocated? First one free per incident or is B2 for a certain area, B3 for another?

Is it worth monitoring the B1 patch on the TOPAZ system, or just listen to C1 instead?

And shot in the dark - does anyone know of a shapefile/geodatabase or ARCGIS REST layer with Mesa first in/first due areas?

I can easily make a map like this in seconds for the west valley, but I can't find any info on east valley!
1627247392432.png

Best I can do is this layer of stations and address, but no first in/first due information.
1627247801859.png

Thanks!

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
In regards to the Mesa VHF system, On the database it lists both B1 and B2 as a dispatch frequency, but also calls B2 a fireground channel.
Should I monitor both or is that just a typo?
That was a typo. I updated in the DB. B1 is dispatch and B2 is fireground.
Also how are firegrounds allocated? First one free per incident or is B2 for a certain area, B3 for another?
Generally B2 is Rio Verde, B3 is Mesa, and B5 is Gilbert / Apache Junction / Queen Creek unless there are multiple working fires in an area.
Is it worth monitoring the B1 patch on the TOPAZ system, or just listen to C1 instead?
The B1-B5 patches on the TRWC are not always active. C1 talkgroup on TRWC is dispatch or B1 VHF 156.240.

Mountain343

Thanks @cellphone that really helps a lot.

One more thing I've noticed is that there is an AMR East Dispatch and Response channel. I'm not hearing anything on the dispatch, but I am hearing local units on the Response and it sounds like they're being dispatched on that.

Is the comm-plan in the RadioRef Database still accurate?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I'm not going to be much help on AMR as I rarely listen to them. The DB has not had submissions for AMR for several years. Most of the UHF channels were carryovers from Southwest Ambulance before AMR took over Rural Metro/Southwest. There are likely changes that have not been observed or submitted to the DB.

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
Thanks @cellphone that really helps a lot.

One more thing I've noticed is that there is an AMR East Dispatch and Response channel. I'm not hearing anything on the dispatch, but I am hearing local units on the Response and it sounds like they're being dispatched on that.

Is the comm-plan in the RadioRef Database still accurate?
I haven’t nailed it down for sure, but it sounds like 462.975 (listed as AMR 11 Unassigned) is an East Valley response channel, and 460.075 (listed as AMR 19 East Valley Response) is an Inter-Facility channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.