Mesa PD switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

At apx 0600 7/5 Mesa PD dispatchers advised ALL districts radio traffic to switch over to their districts encrypted "talk" channels....Hope this is not the big E coming.....

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They are not actually going completely dark...they are broadcasting their channels all over the interweb with a one hour time delay for transparency. I'd say that's generous considering what others are doing.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't very much "sensitive" info on the unencrypted channels to start with, anything of any significance went straight to a HOT channel.

mbnv992

Wonder if Gilbert and Phoenix and all the other non-encrypted PD’s will follow suit.
Edit - shouldn’t say “if” but when.
My guess is by the end of the year every other major PD will be encrypted
Gilbert, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, etc etc.

Why they arnt already who knows.

In the mean time, my home town’s PD ( East Hartford CT ) are still UHF analog

Last edited:

Foresigt

All of the channels that get streamed and can be monitored with phone apps have nothing to do with the encryption. Nope, Not at all. Why would they be concerned that criminals can easily hear their traffic with no investment like an $800 scanner.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Mesa PD is on Topaz. Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, etc. are on RWC and there hasn't been a demonstrable push for all channels to "go bubbles".

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Mesa PD is on Topaz. Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, etc. are on RWC and there hasn't been a demonstrable push for all channels to "go bubbles".

This started from an RWC agency who will also switch. The original plan was for Mesa & another agency switch @ the same time. As we know, timelines can be changed, it doesn't matter because the end result will be the same.

For PSAP, role call was stopped because federal agencies didn't want acknowledgment on an un-encrypted talkgroup.

Their has been more than enough of a push of events for command staff to say we want full E. Pick 1 agency named Glendale PD.

These guys streaming get donations to pay for gas & radios with their 'job' to follow officers & commit traffic offenses like driving directly into a crime scene. Kern County has a few of these along with Mesa. Both agencies are beyond over being followed around.

If you've never worked in law enforcement as many on who are on these forums have not, or they only worked EMS.
Even the mention big E & they have a heart attack & want to sue & slander a department.

Officer safety is nothing many can comprehend. Their are many levels of officer safety which ALL need to be accomplished thanks to a strict command staff.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Will news reporters get encryption keys? Or will they be left in the dark too? Hobby is no fun anymore, will probably sell my scanners before they're nothing more than a paperweight!

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Since the RR stream is delayed, that's all the TV & Radio stations will get. PIO relationship will not change.

mbnv992

I was thinking of getting an SDS200 for the car but with everyone going encrypted, definitely a huge waste of money.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Good luck trying to sell, I have 2 on the market and no bites.... folks want them almost for free

LOL what would they do if I sent this?

To Whom it May Concern,
Since the Mesa Police Department has decided to encrypt all radio traffic, essentially deeming my 2 very expensive scanners inoperable for the purpose they were made, I fully expect and demand the City of Mesa purchase these unit from me ASAP.

Uniden SDS200 $700.00
Unication G4 $700.00

I will deliver these 2 radios to the city upon receipt of payment (please advise address).

Check can be mailed to:

Xxxx Xxxxxx
1234 56th Way
Anytown, USA

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Bummer indeed. What I've always liked in the area was the fact that the "Hots" are usually E, but not dispatch channels. Some PDs even let you hear Metro, Events, etc.

Somehow, I'm not too interested in scanning, but I keep it in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.