Mesa PD TOPAZ Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

I have heard a few times dispatch say "traffic will be on adamxx or williamxx", I am sure they are in the data base but under a different designator. anyone know what TGS these are?

KB7MIB

Adam deck should be the main channels listed in the DB. (Mesa FD is an exception. Their Adam deck is either Mesa PD's channels, or Phoenix FD's analog VHF A-deck channels, I don't know which.)

Most departments around the Valley are using radios with 16 channels per deck, so A-1 through A-16, then B-1 through B-16, etc..

I don't know what the William deck may be.

John
Peoria

eg153wftx

A 1 Fiesta TG 3000
A 2 Central TG 3003
A 3 Red Mountain TG 3007
A 4 Superstition TG 3009
Still have not figured out A7 or william deck

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
If it's FD A deck is Phx VHF when they are on hazardous calls in other cities on the PRWC. If it's PD, I haven't heard them mention A7 or William Deck. To add to the above list Ch5 or A5 is Gateway 3012. 6 & 7 could either be an encrypted channel listed in the database or one that we haven't found yet. What type of calls are being worked on William Deck, could it be something on the SID or Swat channels which may be the William Deck channels?

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Setting up my Bc996p2. What sites to program? Mesa/Gilbert fire hits on Thompson Peak, Gilbert Pd (on Mesa Simulcast) I don't seem to have much luck receiving that. Mesa PD would be the same sites as Gilbert?

rwier

If it's FD A deck is Phx VHF when they are on hazardous calls in other cities on the PRWC. If it's PD, I haven't heard them mention A7 or William Deck. To add to the above list Ch5 or A5 is Gateway 3012. 6 & 7 could either be an encrypted channel listed in the database or one that we haven't found yet. What type of calls are being worked on William Deck, could it be something on the SID or Swat channels which may be the William Deck channels?

Only a wag, but sometimes letters have meaning. For "W" (William), Warrants comes to mind.

eg153wftx

Setting up my Bc996p2. What sites to program? Mesa/Gilbert fire hits on Thompson Peak, Gilbert Pd (on Mesa Simulcast) I don't seem to have much luck receiving that. Mesa PD would be the same sites as Gilbert?
I have a HP2 and use the sentinel software, do no know what 996 uses, but I programmed the following:

Mesa/Gilb/AJ PD-TOPAZ Mesa simulcast
Mesa/Gilb/AJ Fire-TOPAZ Mesa Simulcast
Scottsdale PD- RWC simulcast H
Tempe PD-RWC simulcast F
Phoenix PD-RWC simulcast A (only get 200 Black Mtn./600 Desert Horizon PCTS at my home location)
Chandler PD-RWC simulcast C
For DPS and PHX Fire I have a Whistler 1010 analog scanner.
I also use a cheap $10 dipole antenna I got from amazon.
Pretty much hear all that is not encrypted, but I only program the dispatch channels so as to not have too many channels.

KB7MIB

If you have Simulcast A programmed, and you're only hearing 2 of the 7 precincts, something is wrong, as all of the precincts should be heard equally well, since they're all carried equally on Simulcast A.

You should be hearing all of them, or none of them.

My guess is, you're hearing 200 and 600 off of Simulcast H, and you're not hearing Simulcast A at all.

John
Peoria

eg153wftx

If you have Simulcast A programmed, and you're only hearing 2 of the 7 precincts, something is wrong, as all of the precincts should be heard equally well, since they're all carried equally on Simulcast A.

You should be hearing all of them, or none of them.

My guess is, you're hearing 200 and 600 off of Simulcast H, and you're not hearing Simulcast A at all.

John
Peoria
I have for PHX PD simulcast A with Thompson Peak, South Mountain, sites only do I need to put in all the the sites? I am in Mesa, but when I do go mobile into Phoenix I get all pcts.

KB7MIB

You're probably getting 200 off of Thompson Peak, that's the only way I can get them.
I've heard the encrypted C-deck 600 on Thompson Peak, but IIRC, I've only heard A-6 once, quite some years ago.
South Mtn doesn't carry any of the precinct TG's. They did, back when Simulcast C was being reprogrammed from 800 MHz to 700 MHz, but not any longer.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.