Mesa PD TOPAZ SWAT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

The SWAT 2 is not SWAT 2 TG 3034 DE as listed in DB. it is a dispatch channel, I am listening for locations to confirm district to summit info.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I had a discussion with a few members about talkgroup 3034 in the past. I don't think the description of SWAT 2 is accurate. It is VERY active for being a SWAT Talkgroup. Also, it is active with Gilbert Radio IDs. I'm thinking it is might be a Gilbert PD information channel. This is just a guess based on how busy that talkgroup is, and that it uses Gilbert Radio IDs. Also, there are two Mesa PD SWAT 2 listed in the DB. Talkgroup 3028 (which seems correct), and 3034 (I think is incorrect).

Since it is an encrypted talkgroup, it is not easy to track down the actual description. You will need to catch a "Switch to channel xxxxxxx" on a clear talkgroup, and then match up radio IDs. If anyone has an update based on what they have monitored, please submit.

Last edited:

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Gilbert Ch 2 INFO makes sense. I have had the
TOPAZ system in discovery mode, and never hear any traffic when an officer switches to channel 2. I will program into my G4 and try to verify.
I have also verified Gilbert PD Ch 3 is TG 3140, Ch 4 is TG 3141, and Ch 6 is TG 3143. All encrypted. Only make sense that Ch 5 would be TG 3142, but have not been able to verify that yet.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Gilbert Ch 2 INFO makes sense. I have had the
TOPAZ system in discovery mode, and never hear any traffic when an officer switches to channel 2. I will program into my G4 and try to verify.
I have also verified Gilbert PD Ch 3 is TG 3140, Ch 4 is TG 3141, and Ch 6 is TG 3143. All encrypted. Only make sense that Ch 5 would be TG 3142, but have not been able to verify that yet.
Receiving "BE3h" on the Topaz RWS. Never saw that one before. But why in hex?

Status
Not open for further replies.