Mesquite, TX police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punjabsis

I purchased a Uniden BCD325P2... I was told it would broadcast the Digital Phase 2 calls and was told that Mesquite has changed
to using this system. HOW do I program the scanner to listen to the Mesquite, Tx police calls. I used to listen to them all the
time until they changed... When I bought the scanner, they programmed in Dallas County.. HOW do I find out if Mesquite is programmed
in and if not, how do I program it in.. ?

thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I purchased a Uniden BCD325P2... I was told it would broadcast the Digital Phase 2 calls and was told that Mesquite has changed
to using this system. HOW do I program the scanner to listen to the Mesquite, Tx police calls. I used to listen to them all the
time until they changed... When I bought the scanner, they programmed in Dallas County.. HOW do I find out if Mesquite is programmed
in and if not, how do I program it in.. ?

thanks
Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, and Sachse are on the same P25 Phase II system, GMRS. Unfortunately, no amount of programming will let you hear Mesquite PD. When they moved off their old Motorola Type 2 system to GMRS, they switched all their Police and Fire/EMS talkgroups to encrypted. Rowlett also went encrypted on their PD & FD. Garland's PD is encrypted, but Fire/EMS is in the clear. Sachse is not encrypting PD or FD at this time.

The 325P2 can receive P25 Phase II, but no scanner, no matter how programmed, can receive encrypted transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.