R8600 Message for all owners of the Icom IC-R8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOR-262

As owners become more proficient and efficient in the use of their R8600 and often post an idea or suggestion that would perhaps better the R8600, can I take this opportunity to say ... unless Icom hear about your suggestion, idea, request etc., nothing will get done about it.

One user recently posted some idea for inclusion in a future Firmware update. Here are some of the ideas:

- possibility to combine multiple ranges "program scan" into one run (similar to memory scan)
- Increase the number of "temporary skip" memories and add the option to keep the skipped frequency until the receiver is turned off
- allow user to define different settings for user-defined frequency ranges in VFO mode (memorize step, modulation, filter, preamplifier, rf gain, attenuator, etc. for each frequency range)

I think it right to say I cannot stress enough that if Icom don't get to hear about this, nothing will get done about it. Therefore, depending where in the world you live, the link at the bottom of this message is a link to Icom's Distributors. If you choose the location of the dealer/distributor where you live, you'll see an email address specific to that dealer/distributor. Take the time to write an email with your suggestion(s) and keep it simple and to the point. No need to write a 10 page email! It might be a good idea to mention in your email you'd like your email forwarded to the Icom HQ or relevant department at Icom for consideration.

Click here ---> Distributors | Icom Inc.

Ubbe

One problem that usually stops some features to be implemented are that someone alse has the patent for it.
But it doesn't hurt to inquire about it, so that Icom knows that they have an active user base that wants to be part of future developments.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.