Message saying All Channels are avoided, when they are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
HI All,

We are working with a HP 2 with the extreme upgrade programmed from scratch. Upon entering Talk Groups in a P25 system, the scanner will not scan It says all channels are avoided. When checking the avoid list, there is nothing there. We have done a factory reset and reprogrammed the talkgroups and same problem is occurring. Scanner worked fine prior to making changes the talk groups. Once again, the scanner has been factory reset and has current firmware. Any assistance would be appreciated.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Are the appropriate "Service Types" enabled for those TG's?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
And, are you using Location Control? If so, did you manually program them, or append from the database? If added manually, without also entering location details, the scanner will treat a blank location as zero degrees latitude & longitude, which is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa.

You do have the Hospital service type enabled? I have seen some hospital frequencies that are tagged as "Business", not "Hospital".

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Location control is off. Hospital service is enabled. We did not use database at all. This was 100% programmed manually.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
HI All,

We are working with a HP 2 with the extreme upgrade programmed from scratch. Upon entering Talk Groups in a P25 system, the scanner will not scan It says all channels are avoided. When checking the avoid list, there is nothing there. We have done a factory reset and reprogrammed the talkgroups and same problem is occurring. Scanner worked fine prior to making changes the talk groups. Once again, the scanner has been factory reset and has current firmware. Any assistance would be appreciated.
OK, you programmed the talkgroups manually. But did you also program the correct site? Did you do the programming via Sentinel, even though you did not append the systems? Or, as you have the Extreme Upgrade, did you, instead, program via the scanners keypad?

Is everything OFF in the Select Lists to Monitor menu?
Good point, mancow.

Have you checked the profile to make sure that (a) the Favorites list is set to be downloaded when you write to the scanner, and (b) it is also tagged to be monitored? (This would be necessary if you used Sentinel to program.)

Even if you programmed directly through the scanner's keypad, you still must set the Favorites list to be monitored.

Can you provide a database link to the system you are trying to monitor?

kgowen44

Feed Provider
We are programming it manually The data base is up to date, however, it is programmed manually, The favorite list is set correctly. We have another HP scanner with identical set up (Different TG) and it is not having any issues. All we did was make changes to the scanners talkgroups, and this issue started. Then we did a factory reset and reprogrammed it manually. We do have the extreme upgrade installed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
We are programming it manually The data base is up to date, however, it is programmed manually, The favorite list is set correctly. We have another HP scanner with identical set up (Different TG) and it is not having any issues. All we did was make changes to the scanners talkgroups, and this issue started. Then we did a factory reset and reprogrammed it manually. We do have the extreme upgrade installed.
Verify that the site info has not been corrupted, and that it has not. somehow, been set to Avoid.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Verify that the site info has not been corrupted, and that it has not. somehow, been set to Avoid.
That all has been checked and has not. We even did a factory reset. The scanner seems to work in search mode... Argh I am hoping I do not have to send this to Uniden!

kgowen44

Feed Provider
And, are you using Location Control? If so, did you manually program them, or append from the database? If added manually, without also entering location details, the scanner will treat a blank location as zero degrees latitude & longitude, which is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa.

You do have the Hospital service type enabled? I have seen some hospital frequencies that are tagged as "Business", not "Hospital".
We could not locate the business option. We are trying other tags as we speak

kgowen44

Feed Provider
We could not locate the business option. We are trying other tags as we speak
So it works fine when we use our local PD TG on on Law Dispatch. For some reason, it will not work on hospital TGs. We tried, and Emergency OPS. There is not an option for business.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
ok all, the issue appears to be solved. Still very odd though. Had to set service type top "custom1". We tried using EMS Talk, Hospital, and Emergency OPS and not on those worked. Custom1 worked. Anyhow, thank you to everyone for hearing us out and for SacScan for getting this to work.

freqseeker

It's been a while but I believe the default when programming manually is Custom 1. You posted as I was writing my last post. Glad you got it working.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok all, the issue appears to be solved. Still very odd though. Had to set service type top "custom1". We tried using EMS Talk, Hospital, and Emergency OPS and not on those worked. Custom1 worked. Anyhow, thank you to everyone for hearing us out and for SacScan for getting this to work.
When the scanner is shipped, and when you first install Sentinel, only Custom 1 and public safety "Dispatch" service types are enabled (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and Multi Dispatch). For Public Safety, be sure to enable both the Tac and Talk service types (Law Talk, Law Tac, Fire Talk, Fire Tac, etc) Also verify that that any other service type you are using is enabled as well. Business, Emergency Ops, and Hospital are valid service types for the HP-1 & HP-2.

If you go into the Menu on the HP, then Select Service Types is on the first sub-menu you see. If a given Service type is grayed out, and you cannot enable it by selecting it, then there are no channels/talkgroups programmed that use that service type. If the type has white letters, it can be enabled, which will show as orange. If you "had to use Custom 1", and could not use Emergency Ops and Hospital, among others, then there were no entries of that type active in the scanner. Either none are present, or the ones that were programmed are on a Favorites list that is not set to be scanned.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It's been a while but I believe the default when programming manually is Custom 1. You posted as I was writing my last post. Glad you got it working.
You are correct! If you program the scanner manually without entering tags (service types), the service type of the frequency or talkgroup defaults to Custom 1. Custom 1 must be enabled to scan. Otherwise, it comes up Nothing to Scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.