Messi & Paoloni Version Vs. TImes Microwave Coax LMR400

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeePee43

My plan is to get a nonpenetrating roof mount stand and put a quality discone antenna on the top of my metal roofed double wide home. Which coax between these two manufacturers would be best for about a 45 foot run down to about a 4 foot flexible pigtail to my SDS200 scanner. I currently have a Motorola mag-mount 150mhz antenna stuck on the top of my metal fireplace chimney which surprisingly does really good , but it's time for an upgrade to step up my signal-catching game.

Which of these coax would be best and who would cut a custom 45' length with connections perfectly attached? Hopefully, they could also sell me the pigtail also.

prcguy

Times LMR400 and M&P Ultraflex 10 are nearly identical in loss so for hobby scanner use just find the best price on either one and Times will probably win out there. If this was for repeater use I would go with the M&P since its all copper with no dissimilar metals. LMR cable is known to have problems in a full duplex system.

I would also get an N female connector for inside so you can use simple male to male jumpers to your radio. The N female is also slightly smaller diameter to fit through holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.