Metadata (tags) not synced or sometimes hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner_Ed

Feed Provider
Hello,

I am running a Broadcastify feed using the (free) RadioFeed from ProScan that is running on a Win10 laptop to which my GRE PSR-500 is connected. When I look at the scanner's display screen the tags and audio are synchronized, but when the (delayed) IP packets (with audio and metadata encoded) reach my Scanner Radio Pro android app, the tags are rarely synchronized with the audio. I installed a different android app on a different device and see the same, so I don't think it's the client app...

Is this a Broadcastify issue or maybe a known issue with the RadioFeed web server? I cannot try the (paid version of) ProScan, as it doesn't appear to support the PSR-500..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
/Ed

Gunner_Ed

Feed Provider
Update -- I just realized I could unplug the audio output (headphone jack) on my scanner and look at the live metadata screen in the RadioFeed software and, lo and behold, it does NOT appear to be an issue with the web server software... So it must be Broadcastify?? The out-of-sync issue seems to be worse when multiple agencies transmit in short succession or nearly simultaneously... Probably nothing I can do about it?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How much latency are we talking about? 15 to 20 seconds?
Can you try VLC at your end. It seems VLC will produce the lowest latency. I had reports and seen for myself that when VLC is connected directly to the Web Server, latency is about 3 seconds.
I believe one of the major contributing factors is the network buffer built into the media player.

Gunner_Ed

Feed Provider
How much latency are we talking about? 15 to 20 seconds?
Can you try VLC at your end. It seems VLC will produce the lowest latency. I had reports and seen for myself that when VLC is connected directly to the Web Server, latency is about 3 seconds.
I believe one of the major contributing factors is the network buffer built into the media player.

Thanks. While I have not measured the latency from the RadioFeed web server display to the Scanner Radio Pro app, I just installed Winamp on my other laptop and they have comparable latency with each other on the client side (with the SRP app streaming set to "direct"). I will try VLC. Are you saying I can use VLC to directly connect to the RadioFeed web server and bypass the Broadcastify feed link?

Appreciate the help!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. While I have not measured the latency from the RadioFeed web server display to the Scanner Radio Pro app, I just installed Winamp on my other laptop and they have comparable latency with each other on the client side (with the SRP app streaming set to "direct"). I will try VLC. Are you saying I can use VLC to directly connect to the RadioFeed web server and bypass the Broadcastify feed link?

Appreciate the help!
Yes. Per the proscan.org web site:
Source Client - Streams audio to Broadcastify, Icecast, and Shoutcast servers.
Web Server - Your very own web site that streams audio and serves a web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.