METCAD (Champaign County) NEW 800 MHz ASTRO Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
From looking at the GRE web site, neither the 500 or 600 will decode Motorola Astro, which both MDICE and StarCom21 are.

As a side note, MDICE will never sound as crisp as StarCom21 on a scanner due to the nature of simulcast and the receiver likely 'hearing' more than one signal. Highland 821 is in a good position being about 4 miles from one of the simulcast sites and likely getting a pretty good signal.

Your system runs on the P25 standard. The PSR-500 and 600 will decode that type of system no matter if it's a single site or simulcast type system. Like I said in my earlier post I know several people who own PSR-500's and can successfully monitor the Hamilton County-Cincinnati Public Safety System here in Ohio. Which is the same type of system the MDICE is. And I'm not sure where your getting that they can't decode Motorola Astro?

gabbott

Your system runs on the P25 standard. The PSR-500 and 600 will decode that type of system no matter if it's a single site or simulcast type system. Like I said in my earlier post I know several people who own PSR-500's and can successfully monitor the Hamilton County-Cincinnati Public Safety System here in Ohio. Which is the same type of system the MDICE is. And I'm not sure where your getting that they can't decode Motorola Astro?

Early on in our system planning I was told by a local scanner enthusiast that the 'spec' of any scanner had to specifically state that it would decode Astro. Not owning a scanner (and having no plans to ever do so), I defer to your experience in this instance.

cubn

Database Admin
I have noticed that the county fire department unit id's match up to the police beats in those areas:
ex. Philo Fire units are 1700s and Philo is police beat 17. Ogden is Beat 13 and the Ogden-Royal FPD is 1300s. etc.

Has anyone confirmed that INCIDENT 7 (TG 22506) is encrypted? I have not heard it used or logged it but I imagine given that INCIDENT 5, 6, and 8 are encrypted, it is as well.

I've moved the unidentified and/or unheard talkgroups to the Champaign-Urbana wiki page until they can be verified and incorporated into the database. Feel free to supplement the info with your own observations, and submit confirmed talkgroups to the database. The Pro96com MDICE radio id sequences are on the wiki page to so anyone can update those as we identify more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.