Metlife Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9one

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX8-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

As of 1800 hrs on 8/26/2012 the Metlife Stadium stadium security radio system is being simulcast on the NJSP 800 system on the B2-12 talkgroup on the north system. This was also done on Friday during the Giants game and at the end of the game the link was turned off.

Last edited:

K9one

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX8-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I believe they are using a system called "Mutualink". It is kind of hard to explain what it is but the website will explain.

Www.mutualink.net

Last edited:

As of 1800 hrs on 8/26/2012 the Metlife Stadium stadium security radio system is being simulcast on the NJSP 800 system on the B2-12 talkgroup on the north system. This was also done on Friday during the Giants game and at the end of the game the link was turned off.

Pretty interesting to listen to statdium events. At times, the transmissions were a tad bit hard to hear. Is that MOTOTRBO they normally use at the stadium?

K9one

Yes

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I remember last football season the comms were on B2-06. I guess they moved everything to B2-12 now? Is it still simulcasting on C troop?

K9one

No the state troopers are on B2-06 on the 800 system and talkgroup 2239 on the 700 system.
What you were hearing is the stadium mototrobo system for the in house stadium security on B2-12.

Last edited:

AC2OY

Ran into a guy who is still a guard there way back then when I was...he was at the same radio dealership enquiring about those survailence earpieces and microphones! Sad they went to that system there always was action there trust me for 14 years I used to be right in the middle of it!! When the World Cup was there I couldn't get enough frequencies to scan then!!!

C

comsec1

Who ever connected b2-12 must not have known what they were doing.

AC2OY

Ok I'm confused a little? Is that a New Jersey State Police talk group that the NJSP dosen't use so the NJSEA(meadowlands)patches into? Ok sorry just looked at the database if I read it right it's a unassigned talk group!! Hmmm I wonder if that's in my file?!....Steve....LOL?!

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

the NJSEA has it's own 220MHz trunked system, they handle security inside Metlife Stadium. The NJSP always had a talkgroup B2-06 (Meadowlands) Now they'ree starting to patch it to the NJSEA system

Ok I'm confused a little? Is that a New Jersey State Police talk group that the NJSP dosen't use so the NJSEA(meadowlands)patches into? Ok sorry just looked at the database if I read it right it's a unassigned talk group!! Hmmm I wonder if that's in my file?!....Steve....LOL?!

GM

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly, that 200 MHz system was replaced by the Metlife/New Meadowlands Stadium licensed MotoTRBO Capacity Plus trunked system in place now. I remember seeing an article on this on the Motorola website in one of the brochures promoting MotoTRBO.

K9one

metlife stadium

The stadium is not owned or operated by the NJSEA it is privately owned by the Jets and the Giants the land is leased from NJSEA. NJSEA supplies EMS and Safety Service personnel to the stadium but they answer to the in house security personnel.
The stadium has it's own Mototrbo system, channel 1 of the in house security service which is the main channel during events was the being simulcasted on the NJ State Police 800 trunk system talkgroup B2-12.
NJSEA still has there own 220 system which is used by EMS during the games.
Safety Services use the stadium 460 mhz Mototrbo system.
The mototrbo system is used by the cleaning company, food vendor, guest services, video and audio personnel, and facility operations.
The state of NJ recently installed a repeater site for the 700 mhz system in the area of the stadium. It is listed as site 125 in the database. The repeater appears to be low power in that you lose the control channel within a mile or two from the stadium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.