Metro Area Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
Metro Ambulance in Mandan will soon no longer use Unit numbers 90,91,92 when the new dispatch equipment at the LEC is complete. They will soon start using there Bismarck unit numbers 6137, 6256, 6139, 6255 etc.

BisManRadio

Disregard above post, I was wrong. They are still using their main channel for pages. Dispatch radio must have stopped TXing with their PL tone. I turned my radio to CSQ and can now can hear dispatch and the pages. So if you stopped hearing dispatch, turn your PL tones to off/csq. Not sure if its permanent or some radio issue.

ND6386

Disregard above post, I was wrong. They are still using their main channel for pages. Dispatch radio must have stopped TXing with their PL tone. I turned my radio to CSQ and can now can hear dispatch and the pages. So if you stopped hearing dispatch, turn your PL tones to off/csq. Not sure if its permanent or some radio issue.

Bisman There is something going on and I can bit you that Mr. Dannenfelzer is up to something I could see him trying to Encrypt that channel. Also be very scared if Mr. Dannenfelzer becomes a big wig at State Radio he will make our whole state 100% encrypted from Police, Fire, EMS, DOT, State parks or just say everything. Lets not forget that it is national security risk to hear on a scanner that the town of Tolna, ND has a grass fire. Also there is a town called Tolna the population is 166

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
I have here multiple pages this morning no static or anything. But I wouldn't be suprised if he encrypted it. Do they hold elections for his position or is his a permanent position?

Last edited:

BisManRadio

The one thing we have to realize here is that its not his job to entertain a group of hobbyists. His job is to direct communications for the agencys he works with. I think he has done a great job with that. His job is also to oversee the 911 system and I can tell you that Bismarck has a great state of the art 911 system. I have talked with him on a few issues when I was with a group that utilized some of their services and I can tell you that he is professional and knowledgeable. As far as encryption issues go, it may not be all on him to decide. Bismarck PD was encrypted back in the '80s before there was a comm manager I believe. I don't know your history with him ND6386 but either way I don't think its fair to keep dragging his name around here on the forums. That's just one guys opinion though. I don't mean to upset anyone.

BisManRadio

That position is permanent.

The only way to change things would be to start talking to the city commission. I could maybe see Fire dept changing their ways as far as using encryption if the community starting complaining and making a deal of it and bringing it up to the city commission. BPD though? No way, that will stay encrypted even if its just to prevent a online feed broadcasting their operations 24/7 and rightfully so.

Hey maybe we can get a scanner meet up group going in the area here, just meet up for coffee every so often and talk scanning.

Last edited:

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
That position is permanent.

The only way to change things would be to start talking to the city commission. I could maybe see Fire dept changing their ways as far as using encryption if the community starting complaining and making a deal of it and bringing it up to the city commission. BPD though? No way, that will stay encrypted even if its just to prevent a online feed broadcasting their operations 24/7 and rightfully so.

Hey maybe we can get a scanner meet up group going in the area here, just meet up for coffee every so often and talk scanning.

BisMan,
I am with you on bringing it up to the City. I know they won't change the BPD because officer safety is important. If your serious about doing this send me a message and we can try and get everything going.

Status
Not open for further replies.