Metro Area Incident Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Hello Colorado people!

Me(Joe) and jfab(James) have collectively designed a new and experimental service called MAIN(Metro Area Incident Notification). This service is designed to create a simple way to report things heard on a scanner, witnessed, or breaking news heard in other places.

This service will be unique in the sense that you will be able to send the incident info via SMS(text) or Email.

Most anything will be aloud within reason. Even non-injury accidents that may cause delays on major roads will be paged.

Because this is experimental, we are offering a free trial of 2 months so we can collectively get the kinks out, once this is running smoothly, a charge of $20 for a year will ensue.Short and longer terms will also be available upon request at that point.

Upon interest, you will be given a unique identifier number which will be sent to your phone or email or both. Which you will use when paging incidents out. You will also be given and address to send your pages to.

If interested, please email Joe at "trdcompetition@yahoo.com" or James at "fabguy13@hotmail.com"

Or if you have any general questions, you may use this thread, of course! :D

Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Give us a chance

Gentleman; I have to formally take the opportunity to request you consider participating in the existing incident notification system in Colorado first it's called Mountain NewsNet and we have been business for almost twenty years. Operate solely with volunteer dispatchers (most with days jobs in public safety) across the state and are lucky enough to have over 500 members currently including most all the major media outlets and many hobbyists just like you and I.

Incident pages are available directly to any email address, cell phone, alphanumeric pager or blackberry/pda type device you have and we even offer a 30-day free trial if you would like to get a sample of the incidents we page before subscribing.

I commend you for having the interest to start your own system but encourage you at the same time to give the existing one a try first at least for 30 days. There are just not enough incidents in Colorado to be spread out between two systems and our board of directors would certainly rather work together than compete.

Thank you

Jim< MNN-001
Mountain NewsNet, Inc

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joe &James,

integrity

1.adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2.the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

Honor
honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.
the privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected person
, group, organization, etc

jfab

Joe &James,

integrity

1.adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2.the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

Honor
honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.
the privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected person
, group, organization, etc
I'm sorry I fail to see the relevance here? Are you saying we are dishonest and dishonorable?

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Uhm....? Lol? I think? You should speak in plain English and stop beating around the bush. This is turning into a soap opera....

dirtfinder

Hello Colorado people!

Me(Joe) and jfab(James) have collectively designed a new and experimental service called MAIN(Metro Area Incident Notification). This service is designed to create a simple way to report things heard on a scanner, witnessed, or breaking news heard in other places.

This service will be unique in the sense that you will be able to send the incident info via SMS(text) or Email.

Most anything will be aloud within reason. Even non-injury accidents that may cause delays on major roads will be paged.

Because this is experimental, we are offering a free trial of 2 months so we can collectively get the kinks out, once this is running smoothly, a charge of $20 for a year will ensue.Short and longer terms will also be available upon request at that point.

Upon interest, you will be given a unique identifier number which will be sent to your phone or email or both. Which you will use when paging incidents out. You will also be given and address to send your pages to.

If interested, please email Joe at "trdcompetition@yahoo.com" or James at "fabguy13@hotmail.com"

Or if you have any general questions, you may use this thread, of course! :D

Thanks!

Really? May I ask why? There is a very good system already in place that does a very good job at paging incident for the whole state. And like Jim says has over 500 members. I believe many ppl have try to copy cat MNN over the years but none have been as successful as MNN..good luck on your guys new endeavor

my2cents

utlchris

I would say I have to agree on starting something else up in Colorado and instead work together as a group to make MNN even better. It makes no sense to have two groups doing the same thing. If they are divided up there has to be fewer pages going out. Instead I would say build on the MNN group and they ways people can report and or send pages through MNN. With MNN being 500 strong I feel if we can get more people to report (myself included) we could make MNN even better than it is now. As discussed before it might be time to take it to the next level for incident paging. Yes I would like to see more pages go out, but I'm not quite sure if I want to get pages on non injury accidents - even if they are a traffic problem. But that's just me and obviously there are some others that would like to hear that. For now I say let's keep focused on MNN and work on making it better than it already is.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
For those MNN members who want to see more stuff paged, I can only say that you have to call it in to see it paged.
Out of the 500+ members in MNN, a large portion of the pages are generated not by the general membership calling incidents in, but by the dispatchers themselves hearing traffic on their own. Only a few members are actually calling in...
That said, I think we do a good job of covering incidents from all parts of the state and have a large network of subscribers.

rckydenver

This kinda goes with the other who wanted to start another Colorado Scanner group club, will now another Colorado Incident page out service..Gotta like the competition.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
MNN has been in operation 18 years or longer and has a well established base with casual scanner users to media to government and beyond.

In order to compete with something of this magnitude you would have to move mountains in order to prove your service provides added value above and beyond the current offerings in the notification sector.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
As a former MNN member, I agree that the bar for a notification service is already set pretty high. MNN is utilized by SKYWARN, all the local media, and many local public safety officers. It's considered one of the top notification groups in the country.
Put a different way: trying to compete with MNN would be like saying you want to establish your own Denver Police Department: ain't gonna happen.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Alright, please contact Joe or James via PM or e-mail if you wish to inquire about the service. Closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.