Metro ARMER Talkgroups & Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmoe1

A comment in another thread made me wonder to what extent talkgroups tend to be consistently carried on a site. I made a quick little chart of every talkgroup I have seen in the last 6 days and which site(s) it was one.

Talkgroups/Site

For the most part I think things look about how you would expect. Anoka can reliably be found on Anoka. Allina is all over the place. Dakota is on Dakota. Washington is on Washington.

Important notes:
* Don't use this data for anything at all important. This is several layers deep of not very well tested software.
* My radio was not running for some small percentage of the last six days.
* My reception from some sites (especially Hennepin West & Minneapolis City Center) is less than great.
* Percentages are based only on what I received. For example the chart says 100% of "Freeborn Co Fire Main" was on Minneapolis City Center when in reality (I assume) the vast majority was on no metro site.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Is this info pulled from the control channel data or when the scanner stops on an active channel?

johnmoe1

Is this info pulled from the control channel data or when the scanner stops on an active channel?

I don't have a traditional scanner. I am using a bladeRF card ( Nuand | bladeRF Software Defined Radio ) and a computer. It is always decoding all 11 control channels that I can see from my place. It also receives all audio from those 11 sites. When the same audio [same tg/roughly same time] is received from multiple sites, I combine the audio and only store one copy*. So the total time number is just how much audio I have for that talkgroup. And then for each site, what percentage of it was originally received from that site.

* audio from talkgroups that are patched is counted on all patched talkgroups; multigroup audio is not (yet) handled this way.

JT-112

Nice!

What SDR software are you using, and what sort of specs on the PC side?

Status
Not open for further replies.