Metro Fire Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

A good friend of mine was doing a search of the 400 MHz bands a few days ago and happened upon 472.0875 PL 151.4. Turns out it's Metro Fire Radio South. Has anyone else monitored this? He's in Long Branch and I'm in Brick and we both pick it up loud and clear. I actually heard their dispatch alert one of their people in the field about the multi dwelling fire in Keansburg a couple of days ago. A good source for breaking news.

fineshot1

Fyi

A few years back that was(as far as I know) a shared user repeater in Tinton Falls owned & operated by AR Communications in Eatontown. Each user had a different PL or DPL. Metro is probably one of the users unless the repeater configuration has changed since then.

onsceno

Yes... we have some connections down that way that allow us to utilize that repeater. It is a perfectly centralized location as I am able to hit it from PORTABLE in Totowa and talk to people in Wildwood. Also 5x5 from Western Mercer County!

It's a GREAT MACHINE!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Actually there are two licensees on that frequency (among others), one is located atop Mt. Freedom in Morris County. That's one heck of a location and the site of a wide area coverage 2M Amateur repeater as well. The other is in Eatontown and likely the one in question located at the junction of the GSP and Rte. 18. Interestingly enough I know the owner who in addition to being in the commercial 2 Way biz is an Amateur Radio operator. Yup, Angel has a great machine there and you may be interested in his other frequencies and other users, I'm just a bit curious about that myself.

Chris, you say you're able to have reliable comms from Totowa to Wildwood which leads me to believe you may have discovered a linked system with multiple tower sites. They don't necessarily have to fall under the same ownership so license data doesn't tell all.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
kb2vxa said:
Actually there are two licensees on that frequency (among others), one is located atop Mt. Freedom in Morris County. That's one heck of a location and the site of a wide area coverage 2M Amateur repeater as well. The other is in Eatontown and likely the one in question located at the junction of the GSP and Rte. 18. Interestingly enough I know the owner who in addition to being in the commercial 2 Way biz is an Amateur Radio operator. Yup, Angel has a great machine there and you may be interested in his other frequencies and other users, I'm just a bit curious about that myself.

Chris, you say you're able to have reliable comms from Totowa to Wildwood which leads me to believe you may have discovered a linked system with multiple tower sites. They don't necessarily have to fall under the same ownership so license data doesn't tell all.

That 2M machine you mentioned in Randolph used to be a nice machine. One, it is all motorola equipment, but then recently they removed the output PL and added a roger beep.

It belongs to Morris County OEM.

onsceno

Re: Mount Freedom, We did have a machine out there about 2 years ago but ended up falling through.

Re: Monmouth County, there are no linked sites to this machine that we utilize... it is just perfectly centrally located that as long as we can hit the machine from Totowa and those are able to receive and transmit down way south, we're good to go.

nydxa

Coverage feedback...

Been listening to the "new" channel for the past two weeks or so. While there is no doubt that coverage may be good in and around Totawa, here in Saddlebrook area the coverage is slim to nil. Even using 9db gain at 60ft, it averages about an "S2". From the mobile using either 996 or Motorola Spectra Plus, it's barely audible. Going to have to look at some topo maps and figure out what "hill" gets in the way. I wonder if anyone at MFR ever though about linking the two systems? Could be done very easily using an IP link.

mfr301

e911god said:
I tried logging into the MFR website today and it says account suspended....

It was suspended because we were working on the back end. Its up and running again (about 24hrs after it went off line)...... Info on our new channel will be posted.

Mike ~ 301

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
App.100 years or so ago....MFR had a Radio on 464.1000mhz>w/pl 218.1.This radio kept alot of listeners informed in Sussex County NJ.
I'd give a lung to have that one Back in Service!
Anyone need a LUNG?

mfr301

stvnd53 said:
App.100 years or so ago....MFR had a Radio on 464.1000mhz>w/pl 218.1.This radio kept alot of listeners informed in Sussex County NJ.
I'd give a lung to have that one Back in Service!
Anyone need a LUNG?

That repeater is being serviced and should be back up shortly.

Mike

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
mfr301 said:
That repeater is being serviced and should be back up shortly.

Mike

Really?

I was looking through the fcc license and didn't see 464.100 licensed in sussex.

Maybe i'm not looking in the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.