Metro Fire Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Yesterday I heard someone from Metro Fire talking to someone, I believe from A & R Communications, about a new frequency. I heard this on the South Repeater (472.0875 PL 151.4), which is leased from A & R. They mentioned something about it being a multi coupler or on a multi coupler, and I have no idea what that is. The guy from Metro Fire asked the guy from A & R if the South Repeater would be on the multi coupler and he said no because it's on a separate antenna. The guy from Metro Fire said he would put the new frequency out to all of the members, but the actual frequency was never mentioned. Just a heads up for anyone who monitors Metro Fire and if anyone has any info on this, please post. Thanks.

scannersnstuff

i would like to know why everybody's replies were "sanitized" or "censored" ?????. you pick the word.

robbinsj2

Someone shared info which they later learned they weren't supposed to, so they asked a moderator to step in and purge it. The moderator must have decided that all the now-missing posts fed off the one and thus were also worthy of purging.

An open suggestion to the offender without identifying him/her: next time wait until after it's been cleaned up to admit the error -- after I saw your post that you had requested the info be deleted, the first thing I did was copy it down into my notes and I bet many others did too.

Jim

DJ88

Someone shared info which they later learned they weren't supposed to, so they asked a moderator to step in and purge it. The moderator must have decided that all the now-missing posts fed off the one and thus were also worthy of purging.

An open suggestion to the offender without identifying him/her: next time wait until after it's been cleaned up to admit the error -- after I saw your post that you had requested the info be deleted, the first thing I did was copy it down into my notes and I bet many others did too.

Jim
You betcha! As a matter of fact, it's already programmed in my scanners.

DJ88

I don't know why this new frequency would be any big secret as their North, Central, and South repeater frequencies and PLs are listed on their website, for all to see.

Last edited:

mfr301

It's not that it's a big secret. If Metro guys need to be secret we just run encryption. The reason is so everyone doesn't go back and forth with 100 posts as to wondering what the freq is for. We test things, make sure they work, and if they don't we move on. If it does work, we make it official and put it on the website.

Nothing to hide. Just saves everyone a bunch of chasing frequencies for nothing. We don't transmit jobs over test channels so really there's nothing that any listener would be missing out on other than "can you year me" "I can hear you" transmissions.

The group is quite organized as any listener would know. Just giving the reason so guys don't have to "guess" what we're up to that's all.

SCANdal

Silent Key

Maybe you missed mfr301's explaination in post number 7 above. I'll try to re-explain it to you here:

There is no new frequency yet. Testing is underway to find a new frequency. Once one is found, Metro Fire Radio will announce it to one and all.

That is all,

SCANdal

Last edited:

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
"Moderation"?

Maybe you missed mfr301's explaination in post number 7 above. I'll try to re-explain it to you here:

There is no new frequency yet. Testing is underway to find a new frequency. Once one is found, Metro Fire Radio will announce it to one and all.

That is all,

SCANdal

Isn't the WHOLE POINT of this forum for people to post radio information that they gather, regardless of whether something is "official" or not? If Metro Fire Radio does not decide to use the channel they have decided to test someone will post that information as well, but why shouldn't the members of radio reference be able to know about this channel and listen to the "testing"? There are MANY instances of "test" channels throughout the entire radio reference forums, are the moderators going to go through all the posts and remove all of that information??? I highly doubt it.

As long as the content does not violate any policies, the information should stay. If a member makes a "mistake" and the "mistake" doesn't violate any policies of the site, the information should be corrected in an additional post (as is seen all over the forums).

I think the moderators performed a disservice to many members of this site who have provided a lot of information to these forums.

crazyboy

Isn't the WHOLE POINT of this forum for people to post radio information that they gather, regardless of whether something is "official" or not? If Metro Fire Radio does not decide to use the channel they have decided to test someone will post that information as well, but why shouldn't the members of radio reference be able to know about this channel and listen to the "testing"? There are MANY instances of "test" channels throughout the entire radio reference forums, are the moderators going to go through all the posts and remove all of that information??? I highly doubt it.

As long as the content does not violate any policies, the information should stay. If a member makes a "mistake" and the "mistake" doesn't violate any policies of the site, the information should be corrected in an additional post (as is seen all over the forums).

I think the moderators performed a disservice to many members of this site who have provided a lot of information to these forums.

I must have missed where you took over.

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
This is why MFR is a small group. They even like to make fun of there own members over the air for asking question. If you are not in there small group then you are not welcome. I was a member at one time and I asked a question over the air and the head guy made me feel so little for asking a question I never used the system again. It is part of there little game. I agree with NNJRADIOTECH if they dont want to share the info on here just delete the whole post and move on. RR will be a better place without them......Sorry for the vent but that is just the way I feel...

radiomanNJ1

Could it be that the moderator is a member of this group and is trying to protect his own and the groups interest?

It's not like it will not come out at some point.

RR was built on sharing of information, not supression.

This is why MFR is a small group. They even like to make fun of there own members over the air for asking question. If you are not in there small group then you are not welcome. I was a member at one time and I asked a question over the air and the head guy made me feel so little for asking a question I never used the system again. It is part of there little game. I agree with NNJRADIOTECH if they dont want to share the info on here just delete the whole post and move on. RR will be a better place without them......Sorry for the vent but that is just the way I feel...

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The original poster asked for his posts to be removed. The moderator agreed to do so and clear out related posts. I support the actions of the moderator, and there is no coverup.

Let's move on folks..

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Read the disclaimer on the front page of their site, even though there has been clarification made by one of the head members saying it isn't so, it's worded in such a way that if you are found listening to their system, and you aren't a member, they will prosecute you. The way it's worded, it violates both the Communications Act of 1934 and the ECPA of 1986 whenever they broadcast in the clear. They obviously think they have more rights to their frequencies than anyone else, and they most likely brought pressure on the OP to ask to have the frequency information removed.

Do I think there's a RR conspiracy here, no, but I do think there was probably some bullying by the group to get the info removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.