Metro Light Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdenscott

I've done a little forum searching and some digging through the DB to help myself, but I've come up empty handed!

I'm a bit of a train spotter, and I'd love to get my hands on the frequencies for the Metro Blue Line since I live near it. The DB has it listed at 161.565 with a CTCSS tone of 103.5. Any time I listen, it's always dead air. If I remove the tone from the scanner, though, I hear what I think is the frequency's control channel.

I have a Uniden BC125AT...does anyone know if that will do the job for picking up this frequency if I do a little tweaking? Or have Metro since moved on to trunking, which my scanner doesn't support? Thanks!

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, Metro Blue Line is still that frequency you listed. Gold line and Green line(unconfirmed) have gone Nexedge digital, not monitorable, but Blue and Red frequencies are still active. Also a good one is the Downtown Rail. It's basically all the downtown parts of the Blue and Expo lines.

Where are you listening from? That plays a role too. I live in the San fernando valley and can only hear Red Line Ops and Facilites Maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holdenscott

If I'm listening to the Blue Line Ops freq, I'm literally one or two blocks away from the downtown LB transit mall, and I believe there's a repeater or transmitter really close by, on 1st at Long Beach Blvd.

I don't expect anything to reach all the way to San Pedro. Is it feasible that there just...isn't any traffic on that frequency when I'm listening? Seems odd that one of the largest transit systems in the US would have quiet channels.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
That does seem odd. All i can tell you is to keep trying, with the PL and without. If I get any info on the status of blue line ops, I'll let you know.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Hey again, I am in downtown Los Angeles right now and did a little monitoring of the Metro Rail frequencies… No audio on any of them, and if checked in carrier, the blue line and downtown line frequencies are NXDN. Doing some confirmations on green line and expo line frequencies… The red line subway, though, is still FM. Once I make all the confirmations, the information will be submitted to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.