Metro Nashville Police & Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
CC changed again this am.... 857.0375 as reported by Pro96com.... Whee its roller coaster time lol.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
On a related note anyone picking up a TG for the new MidTown precinct?

NYH141

AGREED! Very confusing.. new stuff popping up all over the place. I'll keep the SDRs up and running.. and if u need anything scanned, be sure to drop me a line!

jpryor

The 851.9625 is no longer an active channel or alternate control channel on the P25 system. Note the last heard date versus the others that are broadcasting as current control and alternates. I am seeing that 851.9625 as part of the active voice channel rotation on the Motorola System B.

scfr

Metro Radio System Upgrade Completed

The Metro P25 Phase 1 project upgrade has now been completed. The control channels (P25) listed in RR are correct as of 08/22/2014. There are two systems in Davidson County. The old analog for non-public safety with the exception of the SHERRIFF'S OFFICE and the P25 system for all Public Safety. There is NO PLAN to go to a Phase 2 TDMA anytime in the future. The only plan is to ultimately merge all the users on the analog system over to the P25 system as money allows. If you are having reception issues, please reply back through messaging and I will be glad to help you.

Last edited:

gjetson99

Does anyone have a working win96 file for the Nashville PD for a Pro-96? I have tried and tried to get my Dad's pro-96 working for him with not much results. Finally got Goodlettsville working again but that's all.

Also, Back some time ago I entered the data required for a rebanded system. I attached an image of my reband setup - can anyone tell me if this is still required and if it is correct?

Thanks for ALL help.

Attachments

• snap001.png
    snap001.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 325

INDY72

Nashville is now an 9600 BPS true P25 system. Licensed for both Phase 1 and 2, though only using Phase 1 currently. Anyone doubting veracity of TDMA capability please do check with Pro96Com, Unitrunker, the actual FCC licenses etc..

Your dad's PRO-96 should have no problems if you set it up with the current data in the database.

gjetson99

Thanks for the info. I guess it is time to hit the books again. I remember a pretty steep learning curve the first time I set his scanner up when I bought it for his Xmas years ago and I have not been around to program it for him in a few years.

BTW, I just looked at the RR database import - I have never used this before. Using various reading material at Yahoo groups etc, and Win96, I had the scanner setup to use Madison/CountyWide on bank 0, All other But North on bank 1, North/Misc bank 2, Goodlettesville bank 3, OtherPD/Sheriff bank 4, Fire/EMS bank 5, SumnerCounty bank 6, Misc Depts bank 7, unknown TGs bank 8, State bank 9

He listens to Madison, Goodlettesville, Sumner "most" of the time but he turns on the other banks as desired occasionally. My Dad is NOT high tech by any means and this was the easiest way I could think of to allow him to flip the various areas on/off.

I think I can set up a similar scenario using the RR database as soon as I learn how to use it properly. However a couple of things confuse me right now. That is, when I go to the Win96 Trunked import I see two similar options. They are "Metro Govt of Nashville and Davidson County (Motorola)" and also "Metro Govt of Nashville and Davidson County (P25)". Can you tell me what exactly the purpose of these two entries are?

And, I noticed that everything I imported is set to an "open" system. Shouldn't it be set to "closed" in order to limit it to the talkgroups I selected?

Thanks again for your help;

George J. Jetson IV (AKA Bill)

INDY72

Almost ALL Public Safety is now on the P25 system. The old Motorola Analog system has a few Public Works, and Government Agencies still on it. But they are transitioning to the P25 system. Once they do move over, the old System B will also be offline.

You can set each bank in Win96/ARC96 to open or closed before you send it to the scanner. Also, you may notice a lot of digital distortions on the new system with the PRO-96. This is an well documented issue with P25 LSM Simulcast systems. If your located pretty close to one of the towers, this may not be noticeable.

To help with the distortion issues, I recommend making sure your DSP is version 1.4. Which CPU version is in your dad's 96?

gjetson99

cpu is: F1.3
dsp-app is: V1.4
dsp-voc is:F1.0

I am in the middle of Madison. I have noticed some distortion but otoh some of the transmissions are discernible.

In the extended trunking tables in Win96, which of the 9600 CC options should be selected?

Last edited:

INDY72

As far as I know, the basic 9600 settings should work. If anyone has other info on if the 9600 rebanded tables work better please do speak up. I know on most P25 systems the basic settings work fine, but there are a few where the other settings have to be used.

gjetson99

Well I got the goodlettsville channels working but nothing else yet. I used pro96com to see what info it would give me on goodlettsville. It worked the first time I tried it but I cannot reproduce that now.

How long do you have to leave pro96com reading data before it finds something?

gjetson99

Finally! - I got the CC working in Pro96com for Metro. Now, if only I had an idea of what I was looking at. :)

@Milf - (or anyone else that wishes to reply) - Are you familar with Pro96com's output? Here are the screenshots of the 5 different categories of data it shows. I will attach the files it output if you prefer those. One thing that stood out was an item that said "Flavor - Phase 2" in the "site information" tab. Can you please take a look and let me know of anything important contained in this info?

Thanks!

Attachments

• snap004.jpg
    snap004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 232
  • snap005.png
    snap005.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 236
  • snap006.jpg
    snap006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 236
  • snap007.jpg
    snap007.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 235
  • snap003.jpg
    snap003.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

INDY72

OK firstly ALL note the flavor.. PHASE 2! (P25 Phase 2 TDMA capable) for those that keep saying there will never be TDMA usage, better check where you get your data. The Metro system has been fully upgraded to be Phase 2 compatible, and is also fully compatible with the TACN.. more on this later. (Hint, do a little homework on deals made with State of TN, specifically THP as reported in a couple of media outlets over a month ago.)

Pro96Com displays the analysis of an 9600 Baud CC for an TRS. It shows the System ID's, Sites, WACN's, Site numbering, and neighbors, and if an site has one, NAC. It also shows affiliations to that site by the RID, TGID etc. As well as system activity for all frequencies in use on that site. The stronger the decode rate, the more data, and better data received. Ideally you want to have an minimum 25 - 30 % decode rate on the CC. A good run for an site would be at least 6 hours, preferably 24 for an full day's worth of data.

gjetson99

ok - I'll start a 24 hour run asap.

Strange, I just started a run and now it says the flavor is Phase 1.

I used to write software so I know computer systems, but I feel like about like a caveman with the lack of knowledge on this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.