Metro Nashville Police & Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The flavor indicated will display 2 if there is TDMA capable radio in use when your monitoring. Shows 1 when only FDMA is in use. 2 has been displayed now by multiple people running Pro96Com, and on Unitrunker on the Metro system on multiple occasions. TDMA is not actively used on the system, but it is indeed supported by the system. There will be more developing changes after full migration by everyone off the old analog "System 2" Legacy Motorola. Whats your constant average decode rate on Pro96Com?

gjetson99

One other thing I've noticed tonight is the decode percent is flashing 80-100% most of the time. I've seen it fall to as low as 64% but just briefly.

gjetson99

I know you are not a seer (pretty sure anyway) but based on your knowledge of the system in use what is the likelihood that the system will become un-scanable by the pro-96 when they get all these changes implemented?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If certain things happen in the next year like has been planned, you still will be able to monitor almost all of the traffic on an 96 as most will be FDMA, except the Encrypted stuff of course. At this time the only folks that I am aware of that have full TDMA capability is Electric with their APX's etc... I have not been able to confirm if MNPD or the rest all have TDMA capable radios or not. Just keep watching for any SYSID changes etc over the next year... As well as any new TG's via ISSI...

gjetson99

Thanks - My dad has been a police dept listener since the 70's when he had a dial tuner radio that picked up the 1 or 2 frequencies that Metro used. Then came the crystal based 10 channel radios through today. I hope they never disable standard dispatch, etc. Of course the more secret stuff can and should be encrypted for safety but normal traffic doesn't interfere with safety and gives long time hobbyists and reporters access to the systems.

gjetson99

Well after 26+ hours of decoding here are the screen shots. I have the files too if needed since this data really scrolls off the screen. Sometime this afternoon the decode percent fell to between 0 and 5%. Why would it do that after averaging 80% most all night?

Anyway, here are the screenshots:

Attachments

• snap008.jpg
    snap008.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 797
  • snap009.jpg
    snap009.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 790
  • snap010.jpg
    snap010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 778
  • snap011.jpg
    snap011.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 764
  • snap012.jpg
    snap012.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 750

gjetson99

Is there a way to find the location of the towers closest to me? I am getting the simulcast screeching and would like to try and salvage this pro-96 as long as I can. Of course where it rains it pours. Last night the lcd display faded out REALLY bad. Even after I turned contrast all the way up, I can see it fairly well as long as it is scanning but the moment it hits a broadcast it fades out so bad you can just barely make it out. I am hoping a good cleaning will fix the issue. Sigh.

bg_nashville

Noticed a bunch of MJPD channels added all E anyone know what flavor their using

ADP/DES-XL/DES-OFB ?

Did MJPD go full encryption even on their dispatch channel within the past couple of days? I think they now have more channels than they have officers :)

Last edited:

bg_nashville

Is there a way to find the location of the towers closest to me? I am getting the simulcast screeching and would like to try and salvage this pro-96 as long as I can. Of course where it rains it pours. Last night the lcd display faded out REALLY bad. Even after I turned contrast all the way up, I can see it fairly well as long as it is scanning but the moment it hits a broadcast it fades out so bad you can just barely make it out. I am hoping a good cleaning will fix the issue. Sigh.

I have a PRO-96, Uniden 396XT, Pro-106, and the new Uniden BCD436HP. The only one that doesn't have problems handling the Nashville system is the new Uniden.

jpryor

jgetson99 - check out the site page in the db, Davidson County Simulcast Site Details (Metropolitan Government Of Nashville & Davidson County (P25)) and click through into the site fcc license callsigns for maps/addresses of the tower locations:

2060 15TH AVE SOUTH COMPTON
8871 GRIFFIN RD PASQUO
8072 OLD CHARLOTTE PIKE SULLIVANS RIDGE
7107 WHITES CREEK PIKE JOELTON
3810 PICTURE RIDGE TER VIRGINIA AVE
5758 CANE RIDGE RD
2583 GREER RD
431 TYLER DRIVE

if you're right in between two or more sites, try directional antenna or better positioning to get most of your signal from only one tower site

bg_nashville - i have not seen encryption on the mjpd dispatch channel since i've been down here for the past month or so, and no encryption in the unitrunker logs for their dispatch channel over the past couple days; they do seem to have more channels than really needed

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
MJPD, 2 dispatches ITC, 2 Events ITC, the bridge TG ITC,,... Everything else pretty much is E. MJFD, dispatch ITC.. everything else E..

gmoneyroxit

Newb here, is it true that if I purchased the new Uniden BCD436HP I can use the "zip code" feature that will auto scan that area for the new frequencies automagically?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hey David (slatescan), want to chime in on this one as you own an 436 and are local to the area?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
the 436 is a must buy and it will work on the zip code however i recommend that you build a favorite list when i was in Madison (Rivergate) today i hit that zip code (i got most everything turned on in service types ) it will also give you the E TGs but the scanner will mute those unless they are TDMA with the lists you can import everything and then hit avoid on all the E talkgroups

also you can turn on ID search in your lists on the systems tyhat is the easy way to get new TGs

NashMonitor88

Well after weeks of frustration of not being able to copy Metro Nash Davidson simulcast very clearly and living just a few miles south of downtown, I've figured out the best way for me to receive Metro in the clear. I first bought an outdoor discone base antenna and put it up approx 25 ft...NO LUCK. I then tried a different coax (low loss)...NOTHING ! I went to the Motorola dealer and bought a mobile UHF 800 mhz magnetic antenna with the same coax they put in the patrol vehicles...STILL nothing. I was seeing where a few people were using a yagi directional antenna, so I went on Amazon and ordered a Phonetone 11db yagi antenna for $ 22. It came in the mail in two days and I took it to Motorola (ask for Ms Mary) and had them make me a 20 ft cable with a N male connector on one end and BNC on the other. BINGO !!! I did raise it up on the antenna pole that the discone antenna is on and it works perfectly, but it also works great indoors. Problem solved....after hours of trial and error and unnecessary $$ spent. So if anyone else is experiencing the same problem i did, I think the yagi directional antenna will improve reception greatly. Cheers and happy scanning !!

gyjerry

I just bought a new r.s.pro-688 …programed all of the metro control frequencies !
unable to receive any metro .
Wonder if their is new cc !
I downloaded the new p25 system but still not receiving any radio traffic at all!!
Any help would be appreciated.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I can't help you directly, but I can tell you that I downloaded the Nashville system from the RRDB and it works fine for me. I'm hearing NPD and NFD quite well. The audio is a bit choppy, but still readable.

I also downloaded the TACN Tennessee Tower and THP District 3 talk groups and they work fine as well.

Which tells me that the data is correct. A feature of the XT scanners that I liked and is not in the x36HP is that I used to be able to scroll through the site frequencies and find give you the current control channel. Nor can I get the scanner to connect to Scanner Screen.

I just bought a new r.s.pro-688 …programed all of the metro control frequencies !
unable to receive any metro .
Wonder if their is new cc !
I downloaded the new p25 system but still not receiving any radio traffic at all!!
Any help would be appreciated.

gyjerry

Tnx Gary.
I must have had the wrong control channels!
Also ment to say my pro 668 not 688 ...Duh !
I can receive metro dispatch fine when over in the hermitage area but not from Mt Juliet.
I use to be able to copy them fine from M.J.
Was wondering if anybody else was having this problem !
tnx agn

Status
Not open for further replies.