Metro Nashville rebanding frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent1956

I have the Radio Shack PRO-2096 digital Trunking Base Scanner + the handheld model. I know Metro Nashville will start rebanding their frequencies on 25 jan 2010. Are the new Frequencies posted anywhere, or does anyone have these and can contact me?? I called Radio Shack - but they said they do not have the new frequencies yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I'll look them up on the FCC site later but most likely they will drop 15 MHz like other rebanded sites.

brent1956

Metro Nashville rebanding

I guess my next question is........will I have to do anything to my scanners at all?? Or will I have to go and manually reprogram the new freq??

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I have the Radio Shack PRO-2096 digital Trunking Base Scanner + the handheld model. I know Metro Nashville will start rebanding their frequencies on 25 jan 2010. Are the new Frequencies posted anywhere, or does anyone have these and can contact me?? I called Radio Shack - but they said they do not have the new frequencies yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I hope that CORN, doctree2, and motoapco25 can provide that information and how to re-program these into the scanners, RS, GRE, and Uniden.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I hope that CORN, doctree2, and motoapco25 can provide that information and how to re-program these into the scanners, RS, GRE, and Uniden.

To start off, Metro has already completed the reband process. The RR database has the rebanded freqs listed as well as several new talk groups available.

As for programming, my radio is a Gre PSR-500/600 and i had to set a custom table for system B but wasn't required to do anything to system A (just plug in the control channels and your good to go).

System B: Put in the control channels then set your custom table. There are 6 sets of parameters for the Gre radios to trunk properly. The RS scanners also require a custom table identical to the one below.

Custom table:

1st set of parameters: Lo Ch: 440
Hi Ch: 559
Offset: 440
Base: 851.025
Step: 25

2nd set of parameters: Lo Ch: 0
Hi Ch: 719
Offset: 0
Base: 851.0125

3rd set of parameters: Lo Ch: 720
Hi Ch: 759
Base: 848.0

4th set of parameters: Lo Ch: 815
Hi Ch: 831
Base: 846.625

5th set of parameters: Lo Ch: 958
Hi Ch: 958
Offset: 958
Base: 868.975

6th set of parameters: Lo Ch: 961
Hi Ch: 1022
Base: 843.4

The end. And like i said, thankgoodness, you don't have to do anything special for System A (the main pub safety system). Programming can also be done via the computer but if you want to do it that way don't ask me cause i'm old school and program things by hand. Good luck and may the force be with you.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Shouldn't the "custom table" information be placed int he Wiki somewhere for future reference? There's no mention of it in the database anywhere I can find. I would have totally missed it! Thanks.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry! I didn't know to look in the PSR500-600 Wiki for information on programming my Pro96!

rexchase

CORN, Metro [Police] are rebanding on Jan 25 as Brent1956 stated. This will be the 2nd rebanding since switching from VHF band.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Hello Mr 1st poster. If they are doing it on Jan 25 then i must not know how to read frequencies then. Trunk system B has been showing freqs appearing in the 851-854 range already. However they also have the upper freqs in use as well except the freqs that were above 860MHz which never exceeded 861MHz anyways. Metro's System A (the main one for PD, FD etc Ops) is showing freqs coming up now in 854 and 853MHz range. But they could do some more work in getting some lower frequencies. I know what i'm talking about. I can't wait to see that reband on Jan 26.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Well look a there, i am listening to Metro Police (site A) and all the freqs appearing are are exactly as they were last night. Oh i checked the date too, it's Jan 25 @ 1855 local time. Thats 6:55 pm. I see no DIFFERENCE.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
They have done a lot of programming of radios and some work at various tower sites. Not sure what just that they have done some reprogramming. Honestly I don't expect the trunking part to change.

rexchase

Sorry CORN if I offended you, I am a novice at the technical aspect of trunking and only meant it for informational purposes only. As for the rebanding, maybe it's in the definition of the term, but we were told to go to the radio shop starting Jan 25 for "rebanding". I got my car & portable done today. As for you still hearing us, could it be because all radios have not been done? Again, my apologies for any remarks that offends you or anyone on this forum.

Last edited:

elguapo731

Metro Nashville Police Freq

Just jumped on to update freq. on my Shack Pro-96. It's been some time since I updated. I am using Arc96 to connect to RR and I can't see any Police, Fire or Special Op freq. taged. All I got are Hospitals, Business's, Airports, etc... Am I missing them? Are they tagged as generics?

I've uploaded everything they had onto my scanner and I am not finding any Police action what so ever. Thanks.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you may have accidentally checked conventional frequencies. I am not famliar with Arc96 but Win96 gives has a tab for web import (i.e. RR) then next choice is trunked vs conventional. Just tried it and imported 98 PD TG's.

Laserjock

doc...I have tried importing the RR Davidson and Williamson Co. trunked talkgroups and while they go in there are no frequencies attached. So...I get the all channels locked out issue.

I am a newb and have searched for help, but I cannot figure out how to get these all in my Pro-96. Am I doing something stupid or missing something really easy?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Having never used Arc96 I cannot say. Win96 does work ok.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Using ARC96, once you import the freqs and tg's you want/need, go back and make sure to check your settings and look to see if any are lockd out. If so click them open again.

Hope this helps.. I use both ARC96 and Win96 as both do things I like using.

If the program again shows issues it may be a bug and you will need to notify Gommert about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.