Metro Nashville Rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Is Metro Nashville rebanding? If so, does anyone know when? Also, I have a GRE 500--what will I need to do to be able to listen after the rebanding?

wwhitby

Feed Provider
If you go to the Transition Authority's web site, there is a box that you can use to search. I just did a search, and it looks like they won't have to reband. Even their 860 Mhz frequencies are for Public Safety use only, so they should be ok.

BTW, if you go to the FCC advanced search web site, select the radio service "YE" and select your state, you can see which systems have rebanded frequencies assigned to them. It looks like Franklin will be rebanding soon.

Also, I suspect that GRE is going to come up with firmware that addresses the new trunking tables. It wouldn't suprise me if there was an option you could set by system object that would use the new tables or the old ones.

Warren

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
As for Franklin they have already rebanded. Since they are running 9600 no need that I have noted for special tables. Vanderbilt rebanded and you will need to use the tables as noted in the Radio Shack forum.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I had Franklin programmed in my Uniden 996 and my GRE 500. What changes will I need to make to hear them now that they have rebanded?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I use PRO-96 but apparently for the systems like Franklin that are 9600 baud all you need to do is enter the new frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.