Metro North Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Heard some chatter on 160.41, the MOW Channel for Metro North. It was repeaterized and had a DCS tone which i missed. MN going to start repeaterizing?

CqDx

I still see HT1250s all over the place among MNR employees so it is probably just a small number of MOW crew issued with the new radios.

I did see MNR Fire Rescue now carry shiny APX radios though :)

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Boy does this feel like dejvue, all this was mentioned many times before. ONLY the radio shop has Icoms with NXDN and encryption. WHY because we give sensitive info back and forth about the infrastructure we work on. The APX is for Fire Command ONLY and there are like 2 APX portable's total (all bosses). We still have about 600 HT-1250 radios in stock, and those will be all issued before any of the 2000 Icoms in the stockroom. BTW most personnel don't want them after they heard they came with GPS tracking built in.
Also Fire Brigade does not use the MOW repeaters they have their own. In fact I am on my way to update work on one right now

slapshot0017

I thought you were saying the road crews were gonna be doing this. I already knew about the radio shop from an earlier discussion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CqDx

No need to beat the dead horse, I think radioman response is pretty clear and MNR has interoperability issues anyway with railroads that share trackage (CSX, Amtrak, P&W..etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.