Metro Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdickerson17

I've been trying forever to figure out what an ST unit is! I hear them all the time mainly on NW, they just popped up one day and never left! What exactly do they do? I never hear them go to calls mainly just 467,468 and sometimes back-up. There always a 2 man unit and have ST on there cars. Does anyone know what it stands for and what they do?

BCFlash

Possibly the Saturation Team? They are used to target high crime areas or provide additional patrols that have been assigned for other reasons. The Metro officer that was shot in a gun fight with stolen car thieves a few days ago was a Saturation Team member. Fortunately he is recovering in hospital and his partner shot and killed the perp.

crazynova

They are directed patrol Saturation Units. Essentially what they do is move around into problem areas and stop every one for everything within reason. When they find people with criminal records they arrest them and ticket them. The idea is to "saturate" the area until the bad guys get fed up and leave. The officer who got shot the other night was a ST unit. They don't work out of any area command and are their own bureau at Metro. To spot them driving around the city, they are the one's whose cars have "MCST" before the car number.

Status
Not open for further replies.