Metro Radio Call Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I have looked everywhere I can think to look (here and Google) and tried different search parameters but I can’t find the information I am looking for so I’m gonna ask here. First of all, I know Metro is unmonitorable, but hopefully the information is still known. It’s a bit of an odd question.

If an officer works the 2nd shift in the Convention Center command, what would their radio call sign be? Would it be something like “2CC15” kind of thing?

emtjohn

Looks like the units of Convention Center are Mary units. So more like 2 Mary 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG7PBS

They’re running encrypted why would you want to know their call signs you can’t listen to them unless you’re cracking encryption

Jix250

1= Graveyard
2= Dayshift
3= Swing

Convention Center Area Command covers Mary and Nora area. So after the 1, 2 or 3, you'll hear M or N and then a number which will represent a beat. Sometimes you'll hear TV after a callsign, which represents that unit is driving a TAC vehicle.
They also have VC (violent Crimes) units that can be in or out of uniform.

jrholm

If you go to their website you will see they have alphabetic Rd's. so the alpha will be the general area. Most stations have 2 letters. Northeast where my son works is F and G. He is usually a 1F? unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.