Metro Safe suburban fire monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

msradell

Does anybody know what's going on with the above-mentioned online scanner that's managed by Okolona fire department? It's been off the air the last four or five days.

msradell

Update: today the scanner appears to be online although using the Scanner Live app or the app from the website you don't hear anything. You get an indication that there is information being transferred but there is no sound??

ofdricky

Feed Provider
The feed was put back online about 9am yesterday (7/31/17). It is putting out radio traffic, although there is what sounds to be an AC hum. The hum becomes present when the input audio is turned up above normal. The audio on the feed is set to just below the point where the audio is "over driven". The reason the audio is kept so loud, is that it is used primarily for firefighters to monitor when responding to the fire station on calls.

As is side note the feed will be down time to time over the next month or so for equipment upgrades.

msradell

Thanks so much for the update. I'm disabled and listening to local fire feeds both here in Louisville where I live in from upstate New York where I grew up help pass the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.