Metro Swat/Summit County

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davef1982

Does anyone know what frequency or system the Metro Swat team in Summit County uses? I know for a fact that they are dispatched by the city of Stow. Stow is on the Summit County 800 System, but I don't see any frequencies listed. I was thinking they might use one of the MAC channels should a situation arise. I know its not everyday where they are called out, so it may be hard to narrow it down. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
SWAT seems to be scattered throughout the county. I've never heard them "dispatched" over the air. You'd hear operations work on SWAT MAIN (32464) and SWAT 2 (32496) on Summit 800. You'll also hear TEMS-5 on Akron EMS dispatch (4016). That's the Tactical EMS unit for SWAT, called whenever there is a perceived need for EMS backup.

D

davef1982

Thanks for that info Frank! Metro Swat is an entirely different agency than the swat teams ran by Akron or Summit County Sheriff's. They are made up of about 50 officers from various police agencies in Portage and Summit County. Since they all work for other agencies, they are called in via page or cell phone. I was just looking for the frequency or talkgroup they might use for communication when they are called to a scene.

a388sig2

They tend to have a lot of officers from departments using analog radios, so does each metro swat officer have a digital portable?

Nasby

The members of Summit Metro SWAT are paged out to a call/incident via cell phone or pager, not via radio.
At the scene, they use a common radio freq via a radio that each member is issued.
At one time they used analog 400 mhz radios that were donated by Bath P.D. after they upgraded to 800 mhz. I am not certain what they use now but I would suspect it is analog radios in the UHF of 800 Mhz band that allows for simplex communications at a scene.

Nasby

Also, Summit Co Sheriff SWAT talkgroups (as listed in the datbase) is entirely different from Summit Metro SWAT.
As far as I can see, there are NO talkgroups at all for Metro SWAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.