MetroHealth Police - What's Going On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phhatcat

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Over the past month or so, I have taken interest in monitoring MetroHealth Medical Center Police on either 461.35000 or 461.43750 (they seem to change up frequencies sometimes). However, l scanned them last evening from about 6:00 PM to midnight and did not hear a peep out of either frequency. For what it's worth, I have most other frequencies licensed to MetroHealth in my scanner already. I also monitored them very briefly this morning and heard nothing. Does anyone have any information on this? Encryption? Rebranding? Is it possible they are using a different or varying tone?

Thanks,
Matt

16b

Premium Subscriber
They have several mobile frequencies and a repeater licensed for DMR (e.g., MotoTRBO) digital operation on this license; maybe they switched. If you plug in 452.325 and hear a buzzsaw noise that would be a good indication.

phhatcat

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am hearing a buzzsaw noise on 461.625, which is on their WNUH620 license. The noise is pretty much constant. Is there any way to tell if this is a DMR repeater? It is on the same license with the frequencies I used to hear them on.

Thanks,
Matt

ecps92

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WNUH620 - METROHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER - Frequencies Summary
Nope, but that doesnt't mean
a. They went DMR and didn't update this license
b. There is another user on the Freq using DMR

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am hearing a buzzsaw noise on 461.625, which is on their WNUH620 license. The noise is pretty much constant. Is there any way to tell if this is a DMR repeater? It is on the same license with the frequencies I used to hear them on.

Thanks,
Matt

phhatcat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the responses everyone. I have not heard anything from MetroHealth in several days now, so it looks like they have gone DMR. :( I will post back here if anything changes.

Matt

ecps92

Turn off your PL/DPL and if you hear what sounds like a Diesel Engine running , it's DMR

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have not heard anything from MetroHealth in several days now, so it looks like they have gone DMR. :( I will post back here if anything changes.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.