Metrosafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kycorr721

metrosafe

Yes im having alot of trouble too.i have tryed a 800mhz rubber ducky ,short wire ,and tower antenna and cant pick them up good its really garbled

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro 106 I'm having problems too. LMPD's new system leave a lot to be desired. I've taken my scanner over several parts of the city and LMPD is a hit or miss. I've taken the scanner to the top of Iroquois park and still have problems with reception. I've tried the antenna that came with the scanner, the Radio Shack 800mhz rubber ducky and an outside vehicle scanner antenna. Sometimes the reception is so bad it's like you're turning the volume up and down. ISP Sellersburg, KSP E-Town and Frankfort come in load and clear. I've been on the back side of Iroquois park and can pickup ISP. Not perfect but for the most part better than LMPD.

jerk

I have a pro 106 I'm having problems too. LMPD's new system leave a lot to be desired. I've taken my scanner over several parts of the city and LMPD is a hit or miss. I've taken the scanner to the top of Iroquois park and still have problems with reception. I've tried the antenna that came with the scanner, the Radio Shack 800mhz rubber ducky and an outside vehicle scanner antenna. Sometimes the reception is so bad it's like you're turning the volume up and down. ISP Sellersburg, KSP E-Town and Frankfort come in load and clear. I've been on the back side of Iroquois park and can pickup ISP. Not perfect but for the most part better than LMPD.

Recheck your settings... make sure it is on Auto or manual P25 and no Tone search etc,

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I have the attenuator turned off and I just upgraded my firmware to ver. 1.8. I'm still having transmissions cutting in and out. Even though I've been scanning since bc-210 I'm new to digital and talkgroups. I've used the GRE/RS Editor to download the MetroSafe talkgroups. With the exception of adding all the frequencies to prevent what happened last week I I'm using the default setting. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

gary40208

I am in the same boat Paul. I am missing about everything they are saying. I live in the south central part of town. I wish they would just at least bridge all four channels if nothing else.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Recently, while in the Derby City for a whirlwind tour, I experimented because I was having a few issues with the PSR 500.... increased Dwell to 5 and turned off Multi-Site.... sounded better while driving around downtown.... by the way, this was posted in the original, sticky version of Louisviile Metrosafe.... I think if you'll resist the temptation to start a new thread and keep with the one that has been going for a little whole you'll have better luck with answers to problems.... Because this is a simulcast system using many towers there are going to be problems with reception for scanners.... check your settings, as AB pointed out, use an 800 meg antenna, make sure your squelch isn't closed too far, make sure you have the TGIDs enabled that are NOT encrypted (or add Wildcard and find everything, adding the ones to your Scan List that aren't encrypted)....

gary40208

Sorry about this new thread. I am using Win500 and it will not let me change the dwell. It is presently showing 0.

gary40208

I just realized that I needed to put in 500. Oops! Are there any settings that I need to change in the extended settings for the P25?

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
gary40208 check your email... I sent you my .p500 file that I used... Plz, all, lets close this thread and go back to the sticky so folks won't have to hop back and forth....

Status
Not open for further replies.