Metuchen PD: 472.05000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

472.05000 appears to be for the FD. I finally got around to entering it into my scanner and it's all FD. Anyone know where the PD really moved to? I've been monitoring the old FD channel 453.57500 but I get nothing. Anyone got anything?

TonyS

DOH! I programmed the wrong channel. Too many channels & freqs! LOL! I'm monitoring 472.05 now. We'll see what happens.

TonyS

Well, 472.05 DPL 156 is correct. I'm glad they moved to UHF. Alot clearer now than they used to be. I wonder if their repeater is still in the same spot(s)?

robbinsj2

TonyS said:
Well, 472.05 DPL 156 is correct. I'm glad they moved to UHF. Alot clearer now than they used to be. I wonder if their repeater is still in the same spot(s)?
In case you weren't aware, last week the squad moved everything up to 478.825R/D712. AFAIK the FD is the same (453.575), but I usually can't hear them because of a weak signal at my location.

The new repeater is licensed for basically the same address as the old one -- borough hall / Main & Middlesex (new) versus 500 Middlesex Ave (old).

Jim

GM

Premium Subscriber
Metuchen UHF

On Aug. 10, 2006, Metuchen First Aid Squad and the Fire Dept. had new antennas installed at their repeater site at Borough Hall. The Fire Dept has a much stronger signal now & a longer hang time on the repeater. Now all Public Safety in Metuchen has moved over to UHF. The only services that I know of that are still VHF are the DPW & Local Gov't Services (transportation, etc.). I am not positive if the First Aid Squad has moved paging ops to UHF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.