Mexican railroad radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I see in the database that FerroMex has freqs in the 167-173 range. Do they also have US/Canada capable radios with the 160-162 MHz. rail freqs, at least the ones that make it here to the US?

phask

Premium Subscriber
I see in the database that FerroMex has freqs in the 167-173 range. Do they also have US/Canada capable radios with the 160-162 MHz. rail freqs, at least the ones that make it here to the US?
Wouldn't they have to - at least if they interchange (not sure what tracks they own in the US anymore).

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't they have to - at least if they interchange (not sure what tracks they own in the US anymore).

With this thought in mind, I wonder what kind of radio they use in their cabs to support the AAR channels as well as what FerroMex reportedly uses.

N5TWB

I've seen FerroMex power at the West Cherokee Yard hump in Tulsa so it does get out on the US rail system quite a ways.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of ferromex, I been seeing a lot more of their locos piggy backing on union pacific pulls out of El past going north.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere they co-run into the Pacific NW... maybe. Lot of photos online in Flickr and the Foamer's pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.