MFJ-8322 Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krmayo

I just purchased a MFJ-8322 scanner and found the USB cable I need, but I don't know what software is compatible. Having trouble finding this scanner listed since it is still relatively new. Any help?

Thanks.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More specifically (the first 2 come from the 8322 wiki...);

* ARC300 from BuTel;
* PSREdit300
*and maybe Win97 from Starrsoft, at the URL given...(has anyone tried it yet with this scanner)?

and of course, Scancrap Heavy Less...er Scancat Lite Plus (note however, that Scancat products don't work directly with the web service and should be avoided at all costs - the other 2 products do)

73 Mike

mikey60

More specifically (the first 2 come from the 8322 wiki...);

*and maybe Win97 from Starrsoft, at the URL given...(has anyone tried it yet with this scanner)?

73 Mike

Should work, the 8322 is clone compatible with the PSR-300/400 (CPU 1.4 and above) and the PRO-163/164.

Mike

krmayo

Well, trying to upload to scanner but having problems.

I am using the trial software ARC300 and have successfully connected to radioreference with no problem. When I try and upload it acts like it worked (the software), but no data is changed on the scanner, the entire time the scanner just shows "CLONE MODE Press UP to send. Remove cable to exit"

When I did try and send from scanner it always says "CLONE MODE No Response ! Remove cable"

I did a search for "No response" and got no hits from the forum which I thought strange. I'm sure this has been addressed, just dont know where.

Thanks again.

mikey60

Well, trying to upload to scanner but having problems.

I am using the trial software ARC300 and have successfully connected to radioreference with no problem. When I try and upload it acts like it worked (the software), but no data is changed on the scanner, the entire time the scanner just shows "CLONE MODE Press UP to send. Remove cable to exit"

When I did try and send from scanner it always says "CLONE MODE No Response ! Remove cable"

I did a search for "No response" and got no hits from the forum which I thought strange. I'm sure this has been addressed, just dont know where.

Thanks again.

You should not need to press any keys on the scanner to do the transfer. The program should send the necessary commands needed to get the scanner to transfer it's configuration to the computer, or to accept what the computer is sending to it. The scanner will display the Clone mode message any time the cable is plugged in, that's normal.

In PSREdit300 you would be to select the Radio Menu, and then the Download from Radio option. I would expect Win97 and ARC300 to have a similar process.

Also, on a side note, if your USB programming cable came with a short 3" adapter cable, do not use the extension as it will not work with that in the line.

Mike

krmayo

Thanks. I did not use the adapter that came with the serial usb cable.

The download fails to find the scanner.

I did download and try psredit300 and it failed to find the scanner as well. I did install drivers for the cable and all went well, as far as I could tell.

The only thing I haven't done is reboot and try again...which is what I am doing next.

I also used the 'find com port' option and it scanned all 255 ports with no luck.

Will post if the reboot made any difference.

Thanks again for the help!

krmayo

No luck. Rebooting has made no difference.

I do see a led light flicker (on the cable) when trying to send or receive, so i believe the drivers and cable are good, at least up til it gets to the scanner. The cable is fully seated...I am out of ideas.

mikey60

No luck. Rebooting has made no difference.

I do see a led light flicker (on the cable) when trying to send or receive, so i believe the drivers and cable are good, at least up til it gets to the scanner. The cable is fully seated...I am out of ideas.

You can try installing the latest FTDI drivers for the cable and see if that helps.

Disconnect the cable from the computer.
Download the installer for the cable from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20600.exe
Run the installer
Reconnect the cable to the computer.

This will get you to the latest version of the driver. It may help. With that PSREdit300 should be able to use the direct method and not have to deal with the COM port.

Mike

krmayo

I did disconnect cable, install new drivers and reconnect but it seems to have made no difference.

Should I be selecting something other than PSR-500/PSR-600 for the scanner model? I am using the MFJ 8322.

Thanks,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I did disconnect cable, install new drivers and reconnect but it seems to have made no difference.

Should I be selecting something other than PSR-500/PSR-600 for the scanner model? I am using the MFJ 8322.

Thanks,
Yours is a PSR-300/400. PSR-500/600 shouldn't be listed in software menu.

Check device manager for USB to Serial port # in Ports (COM & LPT).

mikey60

Thanks,

Sounds like you may have the wrong software. The MFJ-8322 is basically a PSR-300 with the MFJ name on it. The software you would want to use would be ARC300, WIN97, or PSREdit300. If sounds like you might have Pro96Com or PSREdit500, which will not work with this scanner.

PSREdit300 is at PSREdit300 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-163, PRO-164, PRO-97, PRO-2055 Scanners

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.