MFJ-9420X order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

Hello all...

I ordered an MFJ-9420X 20-meter 'Travel Radio' back on December 2, and it's *still* on back order. I thought MFJ constructed their equipment on site in Starkville, Mississippi? Is this usual? Do they wait for X number of a given item before they build and ship them? Just curious. Thanks!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I ordered one of their window through mounts for antenna cable on Dec 22 and they waited 12 days to bother to e-mail me and tell me that it was on back order and could be 2 to 4 weeks before it shipped. My first order with MFJ and I'm NOT happy :-(

Mike

N5TWB

I ordered one of their window through mounts for antenna cable on Dec 22 and they waited 12 days to bother to e-mail me and tell me that it was on back order and could be 2 to 4 weeks before it shipped. My first order with MFJ and I'm NOT happy :-(

Mike

If you just need to make one coax connection and bring it inside, HRO in Phoenix has a Comet connection that will do that for around $55. If you need multiple connections and wire/ladder line, then the MFJ might be the best. I'd check the major dealers, too, and not just MFJ.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I saw the Comet option and I really like those too - but I need 4 connections, so I needed the MFJ product. I'll just have to suck it up and wait for it to come in.

Mike

LtDoc

Have you thought about making your own 'feed-thru'? It isn't all that difficult.
- 'Doc

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Hey Doc - I did think of it, AFTER I ordered the one through MFJ, and then read about people making their own. Again, I'll have to suck it up and wait for the one I ordered. I have learned a valuable lesson though - NEVER order through MFJ again :-(

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.