MHP is going ENC

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yup. Agencies are tired of streaming their communications to the world. This is just another agency to go dark. I don't care what people say or think but "Broadcastify" has done some good but the majority use of this streaming service has ruined our hobby. Once agencies hear that something bad went down because of their communication that went over to the world to hear then they throw their hands up in the air and ask their techs to lock it down for good.

All it takes is one big incident like what happened in Las Vegas and its over with. LVMPD was in the clear and now they are completely dark because of their comms being broadcasted over to the world to hear.

RadioSnoop

Imagine that.

Before broadcastify, if a criminal wanted to monitor the police, they had to buy (or steal) a scanner and learn how to use it. But now any moron can download an app.

A friend of mine is chief of a small department. I've actually heard him say that he's fine with hobbyists listening, but if anyone ever starts streaming it, he'll switch to encryption. Thankfully, no one has yet.

Hammerguy69

Just got news from a MSWIN sysadmin that MHP has opted to go 100% encrypted on ALL their channels, including dispatch. It stemmed from an event that got streamed on Broadcastify apparently. They plan to have all radios flashed and ready by January 2020.

Didn't think they had but one sysadmin?

allend

Premium Subscriber
Well it only takes 1 system administrator to make the changes. Hey sys admin lockdown all of the radios. Okay Sir. When do you want it done?

Jan 2020. Okay Sir. Done. Thanks for the heads up. Who cares of the outside world can't listen anymore. No problem. All of us techs can and that's the way it will be forever now. Yippie.

Hammerguy69

Well it only takes 1 system administrator to make the changes. Hey sys admin lockdown all of the radios. Okay Sir. When do you want it done?

Jan 2020. Okay Sir. Done. Thanks for the heads up. Who cares of the outside world can't listen anymore. No problem. All of us techs can and that's the way it will be forever now. Yippie.

Can’t Iisten if you don’t have the correct key. And I was talking about MSWIN only having one system admin.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Someone is having BDS - Broadcastify Derangement Syndrome again. Can't seem to follow the rules.

No one seems to want to answer the question - which event was streamed that caused them to make the decision?

All it takes is one big incident like what happened in Las Vegas and its over with. LVMPD was in the clear and now they are completely dark because of their comms being broadcasted over to the world to hear.

Wrong.

LVMPD's project to implement encryption was already in progress when the shooting occurred.

With that said, I'm closing... because BDS and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.