Mhp Low Band..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Premium Subscriber
I am in Northeast Arkansas and I can hear The Missouri Hwy Patrol on Lowband 42.240 or something close to that..I have the exact frequency but I cant' place it off the top of my head, Anywho, I can hear the dispatch center just fine..But I can't hear the Troopers Reply To Dispatch, I can hear dispatch but not the field officers, Is there a reason for this? Something I'm doing wrong? Does anyone know how to fix this where I can hear both? If it helps, I have a scantenna about 45 feet in the air..I don't know what the problem is..

mancow

Database Admin
Similarly to CHP the MHP uses offset frequencies. They transmit on a different frequency than they receive. Check the database for the details. Also, it's a non repeated system. So, to hear a mobile you would have to hear them directly from their vehicle and that's unlikely unless conditions are correct.

Basically, their system follows the same rules of skip and propagation as 6 meter ham radio. If you google that you will see why they call it the magic band.

KM5LZ

Mshp

Have you been to Couch's lately?

I lived in Gosnell for 13 years and never could hear anything from Poplar Bluff. Then I moved to Poplar Bluff and only heard dispatch most of the time. From my house I could see there tower about 2 miles away. I had the same problem with the ASP I only heard them on the sheriff net.

Now I live in the St. Louis area same thing here. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.