Miami-Beach P25 Phase II (011.46F77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I started this thread for all the updates for the new Miami Beach P25 Phase II system.
Does anybody "local" (or otherwise) know when the switch over will be made from the old Motorola Type II Smartnet?
I can tell you my MBFD brothers do not know.
APX8000 you got any word.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Nope. It was supposed to happen a few months ago. The only talkgroups I show are City of Miami PD/FD main channels
and Hialeah on it so far when they intra-WACN roam over. Broward subscribers did not get the new P25 systems from the south on the first touch, but there are talks that both are getting each others interops channels. Miami-Dade (county admin and PD side) are still not playing nice in the sandbox but at least the Cities are talking.

For those of you with Unication G4/G5 pagers, I took the main PD/FD talkgroups from City of Miami and put them under on "System" I created called MIA/HIA/MB P25. Basically you throw ALL frequencies in for all three systems (remember Harris can roll to any for a control channel) and then since the WACN, RFSS and Site are all the same, you create a widcard FF for the system ID, but use the correct values for the others. Then create a Trunking TG-Scan zone and assign to a knob position and add the talkgroups. Now as you drive around, you'll automatically roam to all three systems based upon where you are.

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
I started this thread for all the updates for the new Miami Beach P25 Phase II system.
Does anybody "local" (or otherwise) know when the switch over will be made from the old Motorola Type II Smartnet?
I can tell you my MBFD brothers do not know.
APX8000 you got any word.
Thanks

As of August 19th, 2021 the latest rumor is OCTOBER / NOVEMBER 2021 for the switch over ..this could obviously change again as it has so many times already.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
i've added this thread to the Florida master system links post:

batdude

this system appears to have at least some activity on it. I am only down for a short visit today. 1603 and 1607 seem to be the predominant talkgroups that are active.

1630866858389.png

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
Dept Email went out today 11-2-21 in approx 3 weeks for the Radio Switchover.

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
Harris Switchover was delayed for approx 1 more week from scheduled 11-23-21 date due to Administrative and Contractual Issues.
Updated Dept Email was sent out today 11-22-21.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Maybe they just don't want to take any risks with people having coronaries over the Thanksgiving weekend and the radios not working with nobody around to fix them.

bg_nashville

Here are the talkgroups that I am seeing so far tonight:

I am not getting any audio on the 1000 series talkgroups, so that could be police encrypted. I do have a week signal, so that could be a factor.

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
Here are the talkgroups that I am seeing so far tonight:

I am not getting any audio on the 1000 series talkgroups, so that could be police encrypted. I do have a week signal, so that could be a factor.

MBPD officially switched to the Harris System at 0615hrs 12-8-21. From what I am told every PD Channel is now Encrypted. Fire was also issued the new Harris Radios along with Ocean Rescue but they are still audible and not encrypted as of now.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time to work on their new system, I'm occasionally in that area. Please submit to RR when you figure this new system out.

Ezra

TG 1305 is on the new P25 system and it's code compliance and they are unencrypted. So far tat's the only Miami Beach TG that I've picked up unencrypted.

3052 as mentioned above is Hialeah PD 1 Encrypted.

For a little bit today 1002 MBPD Dispatch S was in the clear for a few transmissions but otherwise encrypted all day.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The system has Intra-WACN roam. There are primary talkgroups from Miami, Hialeah and Miami Beach that will roam between all three systems.

ACKStatic

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this thread. Miami Beach is one of my favorite systems to monitor when I'm in South Florida, which is a lot. I'm gonna assume that PD will be full time encryption and fire in the clear but I guess I will see next time I am there.

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this thread. Miami Beach is one of my favorite systems to monitor when I'm in South Florida, which is a lot. I'm gonna assume that PD will be full time encryption and fire in the clear but I guess I will see next time I am there.

You are Correct ..PD went dark and cant receive .. Fire is Still Available (For now) as they are also on the new Harris Radio System.

batdude

as a note - your Florida Db admin team has processed all the inputs for Miami Beach.... so until someone submits the (new) Fire/EMS stuff.... the locals down that way are going to have to start searching around for the TGs.

doug

Status
Not open for further replies.