Miami County EDACS...any tricks, it wont work on my PSR-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

Is there anything special about Miami county EDACS?

I did a web import (paid RR member), and uploaded to scanner.

Anyways, I was in miami county today and I dont get anything.

I double-checked and all 10 frequencies were programmed in..

Is there some other setting (PSR-500) I need? Im using Win500 to program. AGC and supertrack ON.

Or is there something 'oddball' about this system?

Thanks.

Swipesy

I took a quick look at the System and there is nothing unusual about it. Just make sure that the 10 frequencies are in the proper order 1-10; make sure the system in Win500 is set to EDACS Standard; make sure you have either Wildcards set up or TalkGroups and it should work.

dizwiz

Yes, all 10 freq. were programmed in.

my only options (for EDACS systems) (under TSYS ID tab on Win500) is EDACS STD and EDACS NRW the other options on the dropdown are for motorola systems

It was set on EDACS STD.

I do currently have talkgroup and private wildards in there, but the lockout box is checked since I have all the TG's I could ever be interested in programmed in (the TG's in the RR database.).

I may try unchecking the lockouts for talkgroup and private wildcard and then re-upload to my scanner.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Are all the talkgroups you are wanting to monitor programmed into a Scanlist, and is that Scanlist enabled?

Swipesy

Yes, all 10 freq. were programmed in.

The frequencies have to be in the exact order as the LCN.

The lockout may be your issue. Other than that you should be able to hear the system if you are within range of the tower.

Are you seeing a "T" flash on the scanner as it scans the ScanList?

Also be sure you have the ScanList associated with the System.

dizwiz

ok, ill try again (next time im down that way).

I think I see what I was doing wrong. I was scanning scanlist 6 (which I had alpha tag'd as Miami County system). There were no TGID's (or wildcards) attached to scanlist 6. In fact, I didnt even have a TSYS ID associated with scan list 6.

Instead I had it setup like this:

Now, I repeat the talkgroup system 2x. Once for local PD's say on scanlist 1, and then again for sheriff dept TG's on scanlist 3.

This is 'nice' because when driving I can hit scanlist 3 to get all the sheriff depts in my area.

I have MARCS as always scanlist 4, etc.

In the past, I had each talkgroup system occupying a 'scan list'. Problem with this is you pick up METER readers, BUSES, unintereting stuff.

Ive got the whole state of ohio, in detail, across 10 different v-folders (w/ boundaries just like the Ohio state patrol districts.)

I cover the entire state of ohio for my job, so this works best for me as Im always mobile-monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.