Miami County EDACS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backfocus

Hello all.

I am having trouble getting my 246t to trunk the Miami County Edacs listed in the Database Here. I can pick up other EDACS systems such as Greene Co. just fine, but I have a hard time gettting anything to come in with Miami County.

Am I doing something wrong, are the LCN numbers inccorect, or is this just a VERY low-power system?

I have it entered as an EDACS Wide in the 246t, if this helps.

Thanks in advance for your help,

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Where are you in relation to Miami County?

The LCN order listed in the database here is correct.

Miami County is not a very powerful system, sometimes it is hard to hear from New Carlisle in Clark County. It could be you are just beyond the range of it. Greene County's system gets out far better than Miami County's.

Backfocus

Got it figured out.

I had everything programmed correctly. After some driving around I figured out that I did in fact have the system in correctly, but that the system is just low powered and hard to hear from the southern and western parts of Montgomery County.

dwelty

Premium Subscriber
Miami Co Edacs

Forget about hearing Miami County in southern Montgomery County. Matter of fact, it is very difficult to tell the dispatcher that an ambulance is at any Dayton Hospital due to its coverage pattern. The best coverage out of Miami County is west (towards Greenville) and north (north of Sidney). South, mostly reliable to Vandalia (on a portable) and east to SR 235

Status
Not open for further replies.