Miami Dade 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see site 001 miami has been deleted yesterday - i wonder why because it is still up and running (allthough terrible sound due to lsm)
But it seems as the old edacs system is finally comming to the end of the job.
Does anybody know when police talkgroups will start moving tyo the new P25 systems?

bichodad

Are you able to pick up anything? I have all cc's and TGs but all I get is weak broken audio even though I'm showing 5 bars signal strength and +98% decode on my Pro-197.

No just the beeps - no sound.
On the 700 mhz system i have heard perfect sound on talkgroup 10001 - that system is working as it should - i wonder if the police will move to this system when they shut down the edacs system.

bichodad

You are doing better than I am. I'll try and program only the SPCC site and see what happens. Im wondering if my P25 settings are correct. MIA operations has been on P25 for some time but I just can't get them. I'll try 10001. Thanks!

I have found the best settings for monitoring LSM P25 with a 396XT.
Enter the hidden menu (press hold together with power on - the display blinks with 2 colors)
Audio AGC: off
Change mode from NFM to FM (func + 9)
in settings:
P25 LP filter: on
P25 adj mode: 8
P25 Adj. level: 200 (that way it starts on mode 8 wich is best for most systems)
Edit/Delete Message

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I have found the best settings for monitoring LSM P25 with a 396XT.
Enter the hidden menu (press hold together with power on - the display blinks with 2 colors)
Audio AGC: off
Change mode from NFM to FM (func + 9)
in settings:
P25 LP filter: on
P25 adj mode: 8
P25 Adj. level: 200 (that way it starts on mode 8 wich is best for most systems)
Edit/Delete Message

If you are running the newest firmware, these settings aren't necessary... We've got numerous simulcast systems throughout the state of Michigan, just like Miami's, and with the latest firmware, the following have been working for us:

AGC: Off
Mode: NFM (Should ALWAYS be NFM for true Project-25 systems)
P25 LP Filter: Off (Only turn this on if needed, in VERY rare instances as it taxes the scanners processor and slows overall scanning performance.)
P25 Adj. Mode: 11 (Uniden's default setting with the newest firmware)
P25 Adj. Level: 50 (Uniden's default setting with the newest firmware)

Just for giggles, I went ahead and tested your preferred settings on the Michigan MPSCS system and the scanner could barely track the system with the "P25 LP filter" set to on; also, decoding was horribly distorted with the "P25 Adj. Mode" set to 8; and when set to "FM vs NFM" adjacent channel interference from close in sites and other transmitters becomes an issue; which isn't surprising since you're changing the receive bandwidth of the scanner to 25.0 kHz. instead of 12.5 kHz, which is what Project-25 are... Leaving it in "FM" also make the scanner have issues with local cellular sites in and around a simulcast system as well.

Just some thoughts from a state with ALLOT of LSM Project-25 trunking...

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks W2GLD. I have both a 996XT and RS Pro-197. Any suggestions on settings for the RS Pro-197?

Honestly, given how RF saturated the Miami area is; I'd sell it and stick with the Uniden's... Radio Shack and GRE scanners front ends are terrible and easily overload with adjacent channels. They're really bad on VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.