Miami Dade County Fire Rescue UHF Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The RR database reflects MDFR dispatch simulcasting on UHF & 800 MHz trunked frequencies, are they going to eventually fully migrate to the 800 MHz trunked system & shut down their UHF dispatch operations like Broward County Fire Rescue & if so, does anybody know of a possible transition date?

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Dade County Fire-Rescue

Your assumption is wrong.
They will not be going to the P25 system.

N4KVE

The RR database reflects MDFR dispatch simulcasting on UHF & 800 MHz trunked frequencies, are they going to eventually fully migrate to the 800 MHz trunked system & shut down their UHF dispatch operations like Broward County Fire Rescue & if so, does anybody know of a possible transition date?
They tried that back in the 90's when Metro Dade went to their new at the time GE trunking system. It lasted about 8 days, until fire rescue said screw this, were going back to our UHF freq's.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
MDFR UHF Freq's

Thanks all, I have always received North 453.35 MHz & Central 460.5 MHz dispatch with ease, I programed in all the tac frequencies now too & am receiving West dispatch on their tac frequency 453.8 MHz, still can't receive South dispatch even though I am in a condo facing southwest on the 18th floor but I am located in North Miami near FIU North campus & probably too far away to receive them on 453.15 MHz, everything comes in good but the transmissions sound kind of scratchy, I am presuming that my BCT-8 doesn't do narrowband very well, any recommendations on a narrowband capable analog base scanner that I can get? Again, thanks all for your helpful replies.

rapidcharger

Thanks all, I have always received North 453.35 MHz & Central 460.5 MHz dispatch with ease, I programed in all the tac frequencies now too & am receiving West dispatch on their tac frequency 453.8 MHz, still can't receive South dispatch even though I am in a condo facing southwest on the 18th floor but I am located in North Miami near FIU North campus & probably too far away to receive them on 453.15 MHz, everything comes in good but the transmissions sound kind of scratchy, I am presuming that my BCT-8 doesn't do narrowband very well, any recommendations on a narrowband capable analog base scanner that I can get? Again, thanks all for your helpful replies.

Not as much to do with the scanner as the antenna. Using a better, and external antenna will help. Having lived on the 18th floor before myself, I realize that's probably not gonna happen. I would use a mobile antenna in the window.

flecom

they are not using south dispatch, so you won't hear anything but people testing it sometimes...

they are still in the process of narrow banding so go ahead and listen in wide-band till they actually narrow band their channels

they are taking channels down one at a time, narrow banding, drive testing and then putting the users back on... a painfully long and slow process due to various factors

Status
Not open for further replies.