Miami-Dade County Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Just my own two cents, but last time I worked at an institution where radios were used, we had chargers and extra batteries assigned to all posts for a reason.
Where I work, we have plenty of extra batts. Albeit they are all shot. Dispatch gets annoyed when we have to keep going in for new ones as the ones we get are cooked. I had to bring in one of my XG batts I had NIB at home. No more issues for now.

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
HARRIS Radio Switchover for MBPD is now scheduled for this Wednesday, December 8, 2021 unknown what time. Will update when more is known on Wednesday.

New High Capacity Batteries will also be issued to replace current Harris Battery that originally was issued with radios.

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Tonight I heard on Miami Beach PD for all units to come in for Roll Call on Wed reference the Radio Switchover.
Currently the P25 Control Channel is 855.0625

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
12-8-21 at 0615HRS. MBPD Officially started using new Harris Radio System ..

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
YUP.... Dec 8, 2021 @ 0615 was the official time MBPD went Encrypted as posted.

1639781497157.png

FATF305

Premium Subscriber
looks like the only county PD system along the east coast of south florida that is still in the clear is Broward... wonder if they plan on staying that way...

I am not familiar with Broward never listened to them. But I would not be surprised if they followed the move to the dark side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.