Miami Dade county SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFMatrix

Burn Your Boots First
Premium Subscriber
I'm watching a Netflix series on the Miami Dade SRT and it looks like they are using Harris P71 radios, is that correct?

Howdy! This might be a little late from post date but hey. I've been watching Miami-Dade SRT as well. Its a cool show! Unfortunately, the show was actually recorded in the early 2000's. Being so the swat or in this case, the SRT squad uses Harris/MA/COM P7100 on their old analog EDACS system. You can also see that the GE or MA/COM M-RK's where also used. Currently up to date, the Miami-Dade Police Department and other departments that resides on their system, use Harris P7300's for HTs on their Phase 1 P25 trunked system.

RFMatrix

Burn Your Boots First
Premium Subscriber
There are some XG-75s on the system as well. I had one as a loaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XG-75?! Never seen any officer or administrator with them. You also had one as a loner? What where you doing that the county gave you one? Let me know as this is interesting.

Also below is a picture of the Harris P7300

Attachments

• Harris P7300.jpg
    Harris P7300.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 309

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hmmm...the XG-75 looks pretty damn close to the P7300. It was grey/black and said Multi Mode on the front with the limited keypad. I keep flipping back and forth between pics of the two and I'm pretty positive it said XG-75. I'm not going to get into what it was for other than the screen said PD TASK and a number after it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.