• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Miami Dade Fire EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvfdff

Hey is there anyone in Miami-Dade that has information on the Fire Rescue EDACS system. I was traveling through the area labor day weekend and didnt hear any traffic on the EDACS trunking but heard the Fire Conventional Frequencies. I was wondering if they still use this system at all and if so what do they mainly use it for.

FTLAUD

Premium Subscriber
MDFR no longer uses the EDACS system. From what I heard, they used it only for a short time citing coverage & reliability issues throughout the county. They abandoned it, and went back to the "old" conventional system that they still use.

N4DES

Take them out. They are currently rebuilding their UHF system to be simulcast
so I'm sure they aren't going to trunking anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.