Miami Dade Fire Live CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

For anyone who knows, what is the difference between an RXXX unit, an AXXX unit, and a MXXX unit assigned to medical calls? Also, how come some have AMRXXX units assigned? I'm assuming the AMR units are used as backups when no regular FD units available

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
For anyone who knows, what is the difference between an RXXX unit, an AXXX unit, and a MXXX unit assigned to medical calls? Also, how come some have AMRXXX units assigned? I'm assuming the AMR units are used as backups when no regular FD units available

R is a Rescue, a county owned Advanced Life Support (ALS) ambulance.

AMR is American Medical Response, a private Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance. They'll take less serious calls so Rescue units can remain in service.

A is an Aerial unit, basically a ladder truck. Many departments in Florida respond both an ambulance and the nearest ALS fire apparatus to certain medical calls.

I believe the M Medic units are EMS supervisors, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

sc800

Thanks for the help!

Do you know what the category "MEDCOM calls" is? and what unit PDAM2 is, as they are usually assigned the medcom calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.