Miami Dade Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alangoldstein

Good evening to all. Thank you for your great forum. I just purchased my Pro 97 from Radio Shack and it seems a little overwhelming. I have tried to program Miami Dade Fire Rescue using the frequencies on RR but the scanner is not working properly. I admit, its probably my fault but heres my confusion. I see some EDAC frequencies for fire rescue and I see EDACS ID but they are not listed together. Heres what I would like to do:

1. Program Miami Dade Police frequecies on my Pro 97 to follow along in trunk mode so I can hear the complete conversation.

2. Program Miami Dade Fire Rescue frequencies on my Pro 97 to follow along in trunk mode so I can hear the complete conversation.

3. I read the whole manual but i get confused between frequency of EDACS channel and ID number for channel/frequency.

Any help is appreciated and if anyone lives close to SW 107 Ave and 88St in Kendall, I will pay for you to program the scanner.

jat1129

MDFD is not on a trunked system, download the conventional freqs. from RR. PD is on the EDACS system. I do live close to you but I won't be back in Miami until next Dec, otherwise I would help you.
JT

Scanner-geek

JT:
To keep it simple, Miami Dade Fire operations have not moved to the trunked EDACs system except for some administrative ops. This may happen in the future, but for now my advice is to IGNORE IT for fire ops. The MDFR broadcasts on UHF frequencies that are conventional (non-trunked). Just enter the frequencies as listed in this database, enter a tag, and scan away. There is some great action on these channels. I'm sure you know that the City of Miami Fire Rescue and Miami Beach Fire Rescue are separate departments, each operating on their own Motorola trunked systems, and must be programmed separately. I monitor all of the above and it works well.

As for police, Miami-Dade Police are on the EDACS system and have been for years. Poor system if you ask me, but easy to monitor. Miami and Miami Beach Police are again distinct and can be found on their own respective motorola systems. Just to save you some time and heartache, FHP and Fish&Wildlife are unmonitorable with any scanner due to encryption. Sorry.

I would help you with the EDACS programming, but I am a Bearcat man. I'm not familiar with the Pro 97. In general, when scanning a trunked system you need to enter ALL of the system frequencies AND the speciific talk groups you are interested in. The scanner scans all of the system frequencies at a given time, looking for activity on your programmed talk groups. Activity on a talk group can appear on any of the systems frequencies (that are not being used by another active talk group) at a given time. The talk group can become active on a different system frequency even between transmissions, which the scanner tracks (pretty amazing really). This is why if you monitor only one frequency (e.g. a conventional non-trunking scanner), you will only get part of the conversation because the active TG is bouncing from frequency to frequency within the "system frequencies." Trunking increseases the efficiency of the system by allowing for a large number of channels (talk groups) on a small number of frequencies. That is the concept behind trunking. Just think of entering the system frequencies as part of the system set-up. Your talk groups that you enter will serve as your scanner "channels" that are scanned for activity in the conventional sense. System FREQUENCIES must all be entered. Only TALK GROUPS you are interested in must be entered. For example, all of the system frequencies must be entererd (in the correct numeric order for EDACS systems) whether you want to monitor only one talk group (i.e., 04-025 MDPD Kendall Dispatch), or all of the talk groups listed.

Finally there is digital and encryption (scrambling). As of right now all of the above systems are analog (non-digital) and unencrypted. Miami Beach PD was digital for a short while but has since changed back. An analog scanner (non-digitial) should be fine so don't worry about this for now.

Phew! Hope this helps. Happy Scanning!

Scannergeek

Last edited:

alangoldstein

Thanks

Thank you all for your help. The conventional frequencies seem to be working great. I enjoy the EMS to hospital transmissions the most.

I will be programming the PD EDACS next.

MDFR_TCOMM

Miami Dade Fire operations have not moved to the trunked EDACs system except for some administrative ops. This may happen in the future,

Right now no one in MDFR is using EDACS EXCEPT for ALS hospital trauma calls. As for the future, UHF will be the way for a long time.

MDFR_TCOMM

alangoldstein,

Even though I don't program scanners, we don't live too far away. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

ngray7

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. The conventional frequencies seem to be working great. I enjoy the EMS to hospital transmissions the most.

I will be programming the PD EDACS next.

what frequencies are you using to access the ems to hospital transmissions? thanks. ia m also looking for the kendall frequency for mdpd but i can't find it anywhere

abmhpd

MDFR South and MEdcom Frequncies

I get Metro Fire Kendall on this frequency:

453.3250 MDFR South Disp

These are the MedCom Frequencies for Miami Dade County
Remember each Hospital has a Frequency;

Frequency* Tone* Description*
463.02500* 210.7 PL* County Medical Control Med-2*
463.07500* 210.7 PL* County Medical Control Med-4*
463.12500* 210.7 PL* County Medical Control Med-6*
463.00000* 173.8 PL* EMS-to-Jackson South Community Hospital*
463.00000* 186.2 PL* EMS-to-Kendall Regional Medical Center*
463.01250* 151.4 PL* EMS-to-Homestead Hospital*
463.01250* 107.2 PL* EMS-to-Aventura Hospital and Medical Center*
463.01250* 156.7 PL* EMS-to-Palm Springs General Hospital*
463.01250* 131.8 PL* EMS-to-Veterans Hospital*
463.03750* 136.5 PL* EMS-to-Mount Sinai Medical Center and Miami Heart Institute*
463.03750* 192.8 PL* EMS-to-Palmetto General Hospital*
463.03750* 131.8 PL* EMS-to-Healthsouth Doctors Hospital*
463.05000* 114.8 PL* EMS-to-Cedars Medical Center*
463.05000* 203.5 PL* EMS-to-Larkin Community Hospital*
463.06250* 127.3 PL* EMS-to-Mount Sinai Medical Center*
463.06250* 167.9 PL* EMS-to-Baptist Hospital of Miami*
463.08750* 162.2 PL* EMS-to-Jackson Memorial Hospital*
463.10000* 103.5 PL* EMS-to-Mercy Hospital*
463.11250* 146.2 PL* EMS-to-North Shore Medical Center*
463.11250* 107.2 PL* EMS-to-Pan American Hospital*
463.13750* 123.0 PL* EMS-to-Coral Gables Hospital*
463.13750* 114.8 PL* EMS-to-Parkway Regional Medical Center*
463.15000* 110.9 PL* EMS-to-Miami Childrens Hospital*
463.16250* 123.0 PL* EMS-to-South Miami Hospital*
463.16250* 192.8 PL* EMS-to-South Shore Hospital and Medical Center*
463.16250* 141.3 PL* EMS-to-Hialeah Hospital*
463.17500* 167.9 PL* Statewide*

The first 3 channels is what is used by the EMS unit to request a channel to a certain facility.

'Hope this helps

abmhpd

Kendall area PD in Miami Dade system

Sorry I posted the Frequency for Kendall area Fire Rescue

For Kendal area PD you have to program in the "talkgroup" 533 when you set up the bank for MDPD
That is the talk group for the Kendall area

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.