Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
WSVN-TV - Teen impersonating police officer back in custody

MBPD.jpg

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
wow, he went all out didn't he?
gotta wonder how he got his bootleg MTS2000 setup on the Miami TRS:roll:
he had the complete setup.

what gets me about these guys is how much $$$ they will drop on the fake uniforms, guns, hardware, radios, outfitting their vehicles...to pose.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
This kid wasn't playing around! That's crazy.

We have officers in this state with worse/older equipment...

After reading the story, I'm left wondering what he will pretend to be next?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
:confused: I want to hear what he has to say for himself... what would drive someone to do that..

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Wow. Just...wow. And the news article infers the badge was real. Wonder how he got a hold of that. Kid needs a shrink as much as he needs jail.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber

I doubt he got it from Smith & Warren or Blackington or Galls. Pretty much all retailers and manufacturers require documentation from the department on the badge for EXACTLY this reason. Hell, an organization I used to be affiliated with was requested by Smith & Warren to supply not only a letter from the captain, but also from the mayor.

My guess is he probably got it from a collector or something.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is sad, because this kid will eventually wind up shot by a real leo. Hopefully the locals in that area "flag" his info.

n9zas

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I doubt he got it from Smith & Warren or Blackington or Galls. Pretty much all retailers and manufacturers require documentation from the department on the badge for EXACTLY this reason. Hell, an organization I used to be affiliated with was requested by Smith & Warren to supply not only a letter from the captain, but also from the mayor.

My guess is he probably got it from a collector or something.

Most larger County's in Florida have some sort of uniform supply shop who buy their badges from companies like Smith & Warren. If he had an official looking ID from the agency, which it looked like by the picture, he could of bought it from them.

I have even seen badges on sale on ebay from time to time, so he could of gotten it there as well.

Where there is a will there is a way, and this guy for whatever reason had a will....

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
The Osceola County Sheriff's Office began a criminal investigation against Scheidt after Miami Beach police notified the agency Thursday that the police radio in his possession belonged to the agency. By late afternoon, an Osceola County judge had issued a warrant for the teen's arrest on a single felony count of grand theft, Lizasuain said. Deputies rearrested him a little before 10 p.m. in South Florida.

"I can confirm the radio belongs to the Sheriff's Office, but keep in mind it is a nonfunctioning radio," said Lizasuain, explaining it was an old model deactivated by the agency. "We will pursue criminal charges."

Lizasuain said the badge Scheidt was carrying looked like an agency badge.

"They're extremely similar, but absolutely that was not an Osceola County sheriff's badge," she said.

Teen impostor arrested again: Matthew Scheidt arrested on impersonation charges again - Page 2 - OrlandoSentinel.com

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
"They're extremely similar, but absolutely that was not an Osceola County sheriff's badge," she said.

Question...answered. Doesn't really matter in the end. The kid is gonna face the music. Anybody wanna bet he claims a psychological defense? heh.

DaveBern

Very wow. Serious mental issues indeed. Allot of hardware he got a hold of. People like him though give HAM and radio users a bad image when they do these type of things. They had a guy where I am do something like this. He had a radio that was actually tied into the TRS but in the end a officer ended up helping him with all that, also being a radio owned be the agency. Both ended up paying dearly for what they did. In this case they say it was a defunct older MTS for the TRS he was using, my question is who helped him get it or he swipe it from a patrol car or hospital where it sat he previously imposed in? I doubt in this case it was like here where a guy bot a bulk of older radios then when he went to sell the tags came back through NCIC as being property of the PD still when infact he bought them legally in auction. Maybe this is one of them cases? He bought it from ebay from a legit auction winner and the tags were still registered under the Sheriffs Dept?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The additional link added a lot - Thanks

Even though the badge wasn't exact, it still fit the criteria to violate FSS. Hopefully the judge throw's the book at him.

The Osceola County Sheriff's Office began a criminal investigation against Scheidt after Miami Beach police notified the agency Thursday that the police radio in his possession belonged to the agency. By late afternoon, an Osceola County judge had issued a warrant for the teen's arrest on a single felony count of grand theft, Lizasuain said. Deputies rearrested him a little before 10 p.m. in South Florida.

"I can confirm the radio belongs to the Sheriff's Office, but keep in mind it is a nonfunctioning radio," said Lizasuain, explaining it was an old model deactivated by the agency. "We will pursue criminal charges."

Lizasuain said the badge Scheidt was carrying looked like an agency badge.

Teen impostor arrested again: Matthew Scheidt arrested on impersonation charges again - Page 2 - OrlandoSentinel.com

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
He did drive a Crown Vic. according to the neighbors.

My questions is, how do you go from pretending to be a nurse, to a P.A., then a COP? Wouldn't the logical next step be doctor? :) I know, I know, there's no logic to be found.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wanna bet he's probably got some scrubs, lab coat and a stethascope in his closet? :lol:
But at least that's not likely to get him shot!

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.