Miami tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

I've checked okwin site for any maintenance being done and it states all systems are good . This okwin site is the only tower i can hear . Every time a storm rolls through it goes down . Im normally hear vinita ohp, Craig county , Ottawa County , Tribal . I've reset my bct15x and every thing is fine but no trunked systems coming up . Is there something wrong with the system ?.

frazpo

Saw your post. Im up just north of Joplin and just hit it with some traffic. You still not getting it?

KOK5CY

Still nothing . It's been like this for the past week . At times itll be fine then nothing . So I don't know what it is .

frazpo

I heard routine traffic earlier. I'll monitor for a bit and see if I hear much.

KOK5CY

I'm not sure what is going on with my end . I'm hearing vhf in MO , Ark , Ok all on vhf and uhf but no trunking from the Miami site .

frazpo

It actually states that on his profile signature. I can get this tower he is talking about and I am about 30 miles away with a 436hp and an extendable antenna that is not extended. He is near there so unsure why he is not getting any traffic.

KOK5CY

Bct15x , CATV cable , j-pole up at 30' . Let me say this before it gets blown out of proportion . My base set up has nothing to do with me not hearing the Miami site . If i can hear mayes county and nowata county from 30 or so miles away it doesn't mean my base is messed up . The Miami site is 10 miles north of my home so I should hear it fine . Just a few month's ago I heard a radio tech talking to vinita and making sure the signal was heard and checked with a trooper and it was all good . So I'm fairly sure the site is down and I'm sure everyone else is hearing traffic on another site . Just my .02 . Have a good night . Im sure it'll be fixed soon probably a blown fuse or something is wet .

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
It actually states that on his profile signature. I can get this tower he is talking about and I am about 30 miles away with a 436hp and an extendable antenna that is not extended. He is near there so unsure why he is not getting any traffic.

Keep in mind that some members have their User CP set to not show signatures.

Sorry for the intrusion...carry on. :p

frazpo

Bct15x , CATV cable , j-pole up at 30' . Let me say this before it gets blown out of proportion . My base set up has nothing to do with me not hearing the Miami site . If i can hear mayes county and nowata county from 30 or so miles away it doesn't mean my base is messed up . The Miami site is 10 miles north of my home so I should hear it fine . Just a few month's ago I heard a radio tech talking to vinita and making sure the signal was heard and checked with a trooper and it was all good . So I'm fairly sure the site is down and I'm sure everyone else is hearing traffic on another site . Just my .02 . Have a good night . Im sure it'll be fixed soon probably a blown fuse or something is wet .

Im listening to GRDA on the Miami site right now. Only site I can pickup from north of Joplin. Ill post a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 134

KOK5CY

I've turned back the squelch and found the tower frequency . It's showing SID : 092ch-0017 on 860.4375 .

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I actually traveled to Springfield MO today, and on the way, had no problems with Miami....

BCD325P2 and TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.